1896 Capital Columns

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These columns were built in 1896 and erected on the east wing of the US capital Building. In 1984 they were replaced due to their deteriorated condition and relocated, freestanding, at a nearby park.

11480710-L.jpg

11480709-L.jpg

11480792-L.jpg

Nice photos!

Did you use photoshop on those?

The sky irks me...

excellent series! I love that 2nd photos! The shadows add so much to the image! Great work and thanks for sharing!

Zach :D

Beautiful! :thumbsup:

JonMikal once again you nailed it. All are great, but I really like #2. Keep them coming. :smileys:

What can I say but...Damn good pictures! The second one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: like an American Stonehenge. Excellent use of shadow.

Holy sß?ˆ† are those columns made of marble? The park is brilliant. What is the name of it?

Of course great work! The only thing missing may be some puffy clouds.

Is it weird that they came down in 1984? Thinking along the lines of George Orwell's novel.

Great set of photos. love the symmetrical reflection in #1 and the long shadows cast by the columns in #2

craig said:
Holy sß?ˆ† are those columns made of marble? The park is brilliant. What is the name of it?

Thanks everyone!

These columns are in the National Arboretum Park on New York Ave. in DC; about 2.5 miles from the capital. Something to see if you ever get this way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back