190mph (fixed repost)

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Decided to have a go at this one again and think this works much better.

Canon EOS 10D
ISO-100
1/13sec.
f/22
Sigma 24-70mm f/3.5-5.6 HF Aspherical @44mm

mx8099b.jpg

Not as sharp as the others I know but I thought I'd post it anyhow :confused:

i dont get how its in that focus, panning, and only 1/13 sec...and theres no wya hes 190mph in that pic..

No he is actually only moving at about 35mph I just needed a title! Looks like 200 though :lol:

I tired about 20 or so pics at this shutter speed and this was the only one that was even close to salvageable. Most of them had pretty bad camera shake in them.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hug:: :hail: :hail: :hail:
So it's not as good as the other one you posted. It's still amazing (especially now I know how you did it!)

with such a fast moving subject and a slow shutter speed you only get one go at it! that is until he comes around again! still a neat shot!

my brother keeps asking me to go to the superbike race meetings with him to take some shots! so you've inspired me to do that! thank you!!

I like it! :)
I've looked at thousands of supercross/motorcross action shots, I used to do catalog layout for White Brothers Racing, this is a shot that I would have picked out to use. I haven't figured out how to set these kind of shots up yet either. :grumpy: I used to work with Kenny Jones (He shoots for just about every dirt bike mag), but I wasn't really into photography at the time. It's sad really :( , I could have gotten a lot of pointers from him. I guess that's why I'm here now! Besides, none of my Las Vegas Supercross shots were worth a crap. So, it was delete...delete...delete! :meh:

2 mates of mine that are into MotoX asked me not too long ago to come out to the track and take some shots of them, you've just given me the insentive. :wink:

Traci said:
I like it! :)
I've looked at thousands of supercross/motorcross action shots, I used to do catalog layout for White Brothers Racing, this is a shot that I would have picked out to use.

:shock: Whoa! Ha where should I send the pics! That is one of the most flattering compliments I've recieved about any of my images, THANK YOU!

Glad it's inspiring to some people to try this. I did a write up yesterday in the how to section regarding the methods I use/used.

Trigger: No monopod here, handheld only :shock: that's why my failure rate was so high though :( After this experience I know I need to buy one though ;)

Canon Fan said:
:shock: Whoa! Ha where should I send the pics! That is one of the most flattering compliments I've recieved about any of my images, THANK YOU!
You're welcome! :wink: Unfortunately, I no longer work there, but I'm still very interested in the photography of the sport. I can suggest that you look at Cyclenews.com under the classifieds, they are always looking for photographs from the tracks in other states.
Thanks, for the info...I'll go read your tips. :D

Most reactions

Back