1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz Edition

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
Couple shots from a recent simple session with a super rare 1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz Edition. You can see more shots and read a little bit more about the car on my blog if you're interested!

DSC_3885-XL.jpg

DSC_3837-XL.jpg

DSC_3920-2-XL.jpg

DSC_3794-XL.jpg

DSC_3688-XL.jpg

DSC_3910-XL.jpg

DSC_3748-XL.jpg

Ohhh, man....#3 is making my heart pound.

Ahhh! When cars looked as they should. Beautiful!

that is a great series, I was overtaken by a modern soft top Shelby recently (he was going like a bat out of hell) but wow what a car

Took a few minutes to wipe the drool off my phone so I can reply to this. WOW! That is a beautiful car.

Pretty Pony. Ghastly location. Sorry.

No need to apologize! The engine had just been totally rebuilt (less than 13 miles), and the owner was not keen on driving it anywhere. I convinced him to take it from the garage where it was stored to this location, which was the best I could find within a 1 mile radius.

Great car, especially the 350. What most here don't realize that back then Hertz used to rent Shelby's ... kids would rent them over a weekend, tape a number on them and race them at tracks.

thread title + color of car. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's a Hertz.

Last edited:
Sweet Ride! I don't think the location is all that bad. I didn't even look at anything but the car, until somebody pointed it out.

Is that an authentic signature?

shelby often signed those glove box covers if you mailed them to him and promised a donation to a charity. very common.

this is not a hertz rental. It would say H after the GT 350 and be black and gold (the hertz colors). It also wouldn't have an ill-fitting aftermarket fiberglass bumper.

authentic or not, the photography is still quite good.

It's Hurst, not Hertz.

Not that anybody appears to give a rip.

Not sure if trolling or not...

Sweet Ride! I don't think the location is all that bad. I didn't even look at anything but the car, until somebody pointed it out.

Is that an authentic signature?

Shelby was known to have signed pretty much anything, so his signature isn't very rare actually. Still kinda cool though!

thread title + color of car. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

shelby often signed those glove box covers if you mailed them to him and promised a donation to a charity. very common.

this is not a hertz rental. It would say H after the GT 350 and be black and gold (the hertz colors). It also wouldn't have an ill-fitting aftermarket fiberglass bumper.

authentic or not, the photography is still quite good.

Thanks for the comments! It's a common misconception that all Hertz Mustangs were black and gold (although the majority were). This is a very early production model, and is indeed a legit Hertz rental, albeit with some changes along the way.

Last edited:
Where did you get the name of that car, from the car rental company?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back