1d mark 11 over the 40d...

Ihaveaquestion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've read a lot of reviews on both and found the image quality to be just about the same on these two.

Although the speed and auto focus of the Mark 2 to be amazing next to the 40d.

Any thoughts on the older 1d mark 11?

It's pretty slick for sports.

If you're considering switching, than by all means, go for the 1D.

You couldn't convince me to trade in my 1d MarkII for anything but another 1 series. I've been spoiled.. but I don't see myself "needing" nor "spending" on the current markIII lineup.

Other than sensor and image processor (items of the techno rat race), everything else about the camera is better.

I currently have a 1D MKII and a 30D. I would not give up my 1D unless it was for another 1D as well. Granted it's heavy, but when shooting at the racetrack, it's great! The 30D just doesn't compare in terms of feel and when I use it, the AWB is much better on the 1D.

Well, I agree, I would get a 1D over the 40D anytime.... but there is a slight difference in price though? lol
The 1D mkII is even more expensive than the 5D...

I haven't used either...but I do know a wedding photographer who has (among several others) a 40D and a 1D mk III.

He agrees that the mk III is an amazing machine...but he actually likes the 40D just as much, maybe more. He says the 40D's AF is very fast, much better than the 30D. The image quality is obviously great and the price is A LOT less.

I have a mkII and sell 40D's all day long but I've not traded my body in for one. For a start the buffer on the 40D is useless and the body is a bit on the plastic fantastic side for me, but I have been using 1 series bodies since the days of film so most bodies feel plastic to me :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back