1DmkIV is currently in stock

Montana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Get 'em while they are are available. B&H shows them in stock. Mine will be here Thursday. I didn't want to give them my business any more, but sick of chasing this body around only to miss out every time its available elsewhere.

Yeah, I heard a few people mention this on the Canon forums. A couple of people said they ordered.

Check this thread out, I think you're going to be very happy with your new body. :)

Yeah TIm, I was following Pixmantra's posts on the other forum and I agree with what he sees and says. The D3s still edges out Canon, but I will have no use for ISO's that high. And personally, I will take some noise over smudged details any day of the week. Clean 6400 is all I would ever need. I venture into 3200 only occasionally anyways. I am so excited to finally have a 1D, I can hardly wait. I think that paired with my 5DII, it'll be a fantastic combo. I see your gear is very similar to mine. LOL

You two have sigs which should be illegal!!! ;)
So which of you is upgrading your 70-200mm lenses then? ;)

You two have sigs which should be illegal!!! ;)
So which of you is upgrading your 70-200mm lenses then? ;)

Not me, I rarely use mine as it is. And when I do use it, it always impresses me. I did a senior portrait studio session a week ago with it. Left at 135 for most of the headshot work just try and decide if I would like to get the 135/2.0 The shots were great. Tim will likely upgrade first, he is more of a gear whore than I. LOL
:lmao::lol:

true - I'm surprised he hasn't gone for one of the big ones - like a 600mm or 1200mm! The bokeh you can get off one of those lenses is far better than by those short little 85 and 50mm things ;)

My 600 f/4 IS was my first "L" purchase. I love wildlife photography, but I rarely have time to do it. Sad really. The 600 just sits in the corner in its lenstrekker. I think I hear it sob at night.

LOL, I was on Adorama's site today looking at 400mm f/2.8 IS USM's... I have a HUGE interest in shooting WWII and Civil War reenactments. Last year I hit a couple shows and had a great time (I shared some of my WWII shots here). I have my spring and summer calendar full of shoots this year and I'm going to need something more than 200mm. That's about the only use I have for one. My model photography wouldn't benefit from a big-un and I don't do sports or wildlife.

As for upgrading the 70-200, I won't any time soon. I love mine. I have no complaints... I would rather put the money into that 400mm I'm thinking about.

Montana - I'll give it a good home if it needs one! It won't cry at all I promise!

and I'll send pics too to prove it ;)

The 300 or 400 2.8 IS lens will be my next purchase for sure. I think I am leaning 300 2.8 IS for rodeo and horse racing.

Montana I know a lot of photographers who use the 300mm f2.8 IS. A deadly sharp 300mm lens and its handholdable (its heavy but when I held it I felt it was a weight one could grow used to - over time - with steriods ;) ) but it will also take up to a 2*Teleconverter and still retain really strong image quality.
Its the cheap (and far lighter) 600mm lens for many. Till its price rises recently it was very much on my radar - it still is but other lenses will be creeping in before then (I've considered 100-400mm, 300mm f4, and the sigma options as cheaper longer glass for the now)

THere is nothing wrong with the slower counterparts such as the 300 f/4 and 400 f/5.6. Both are sharp and light. Only downside is that they get slow with TC's. Shooting sports though, I'd like the speed and isolation provided by the 2.8 version. I know its tack sharp, I have lusted over it for a long while now. Tax man cometh....and Canon taketh. LOL Actually, I think I will shop for a used lens. I haven't ever bought anything (photography related) used as of yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back