1dx motorsport optimal settings, with a 70-200 mkii f2.8 and a 300 f2.8 mkii

I think the Op was already lost.

I can't believe he bought that much money in gear with such little prior knowledge. I get very angry when I see that soccer mom at the zoo with a 5d mark II and a 24-105 shooting in AUTO...Seriously??

You care way too much about what other people are doing. :lol:

Optimal settings for OP would be to put that thing in auto mode, and go have fun.

Doesn't matter one bit at all if it's a 1Dx or an iphone.

Shoot what you have, whatever you feel like buying.

Hey guys, I just bought a GT3 Class Porsche and am I signing up for the 24 hours of Le Mans. Does anyone know how make the car go around a corner?
Yes.
A corner is divided into several overlapping sections - the braking/down shifting zone, the turn-in point (track in), the throttle feathering/brake feathering/steering wind up zone, the apex (at the inside of the corner), the throttle application zone/steering unwind zone, the corner exit (track out).

As you approach the corner keep the car to the side of the track furthest from the inside of the corner. KEY POINT: Look at where the car will be, not where the car is. Proper eye usage is paramount.
So, as you approach the corner you need to be looking at the corner exit. You will use your peripheral vision to see the braking and turn-in points.
Since braking transfers weight to the front of the car, the car will have enhanced front wheel traction, and diminished rear wheel traction, you can use trail braking beyond the turn-in point but the more steering wind up you add the less braking and throttle you can use.

If you want to ensure you do not run out of pavement at track out, apex late. If you turn in early, you will apex early, and run off the pavement at track out. Late apexing is used to learn a track, but costs time. Practice is used to gradually apex each corner earlier and earlier until all of the pavement is used at track out.

At the apex, braking and downshifting is completed, throttle can be reapplied and the steering wheel can start to be unwound. Up shift as necessary. Watch the track out point in your peripheral vision, because at the apex your eyes should be looking well beyond the track out point towards the next corner.

We''ll cover the details of heel/toe downshifting and trail breaking in a separate post.
Racing line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trail braking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heel-and-toe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heel & toe shifting
Heel & Toe + Double Clutching with Gary Sheehan by Bluewindc5 - Car Videos on StreetFire

KmH said:
Yes.
A corner is divided into several overlapping sections - the braking/down shifting zone, the turn-in point (track in), the throttle feathering/brake feathering/steering wind up zone, the apex (at the inside of the corner), the throttle application zone/steering unwind zone, the corner exit (track out).

As you approach the corner keep the car to the side of the track furthest from the inside of the corner. KEY POINT: Look at where the car will be, not where the car is. Proper eye usage is paramount.
So, as you approach the corner you need to be looking at the corner exit. You will use your peripheral vision to see the braking and turn-in points.
Since braking transfers weight to the front of the car, the car will have enhanced front wheel traction, and diminished rear wheel traction, you can use trail braking beyond the turn-in point but the more steering wind up you add the less braking and throttle you can use.

If you want to ensure you do not run out of pavement at track out, apex late. If you turn in early, you will apex early, and run off the pavement at track out. Late apexing is used to learn a track, but costs time. Practice is used to gradually apex each corner earlier and earlier until all of the pavement is used at track out.

At the apex, braking and downshifting is completed, throttle can be reapplied and the steering wheel can start to be unwound. Up shift as necessary. Watch the track out point in your peripheral vision, because at the apex your eyes should be looking well beyond the track out point towards the next corner.

We''ll cover the details of heel/toe downshifting and trail breaking in a separate post.
Heel & toe shifting
Heel & Toe + Double Clutching with Gary Sheehan by Bluewindc5 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Um, he was kidding. Thanks for the driving lesson Skip Barber.

The ridiculous comparisons people come up with for making pictures with cameras are hilarious.... My favorite ones are usually medical. "Oh, you bought $10,000 in medical equipment so now you call yourself a doctor.." Or something equally retarded.

Hey guys, I just bought a GT3 Class Porsche and am I signing up for the 24 hours of Le Mans. Does anyone know how make the car go around a corner?
Yes.

Heel & toe shifting

You forgot the lift-off-oversteer issue common with Porsche. ;)

$4755_1188325865814_4462259_n.jpg

I prefer to play on the loose stuff.

Ho boy! Not just Porsche, but lets call it 'trailing throttle oversteer'.

True but I have never driven a car the has more actively tried to kill me than my friend's '77 911 Carrera 3.0.

Most reactions

Back