$1K Here, $1K There, Pretty Soon You're Talking Real Money!!

snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So............. I find myself in need of a wide-angle for my 5D3. The 24-70 is sweet, but a lot of times I need wider for landscapes. I used the 10-22 with a 7D, and am noticing the difference! I'm looking at the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens. Yes, sometimes the 2.8 will come in handy! Do you think Canon will introduce anything at Photokina that will make me wish I had waited?!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
16-35 on FX is perfect for landscapes. Unless they release a 14-24 2.8 or something to match Nikon's I don't see anything being released that would make you upset. Even so, wait two weeks.

I had the 14-24. Sold it. Regret it so much now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm...... wait two weeks, wait two weeks, wait two weeks.......... you don't ask for much, do you?!

Hmmmm...... wait two weeks, wait two weeks, wait two weeks.......... you don't ask for much, do you?!
Nothing. Nothing at all.

You can do it!

Don't forget, the first 6-12 months will be the highest prices for newly announced gear.

Don't forget, the first 6-12 months will be the highest prices for newly announced gear.

...and Christmas is coming, so older gear may have deeper discounts during holiday shopping season!

I have the Canon 16-35 F2.8 and it is awesome. Highly recommended.

By the way, the trick to photography costs is:
DON'T ever add up what you have spent!

Why bother with the 2.8 when most landscapes are done on tripods and at high fstops?

Why bother with the 2.8 when most landscapes are done on tripods and at high fstops?
I was inside a little chapel a couple weeks ago. Used the 24-70 at 2.8, handheld, and they turned out not too bad, but really cramped for space. The 16-35 would have been great in there! (in addition to my f/22 tripod landscapes). At least that's my thinking, which may not be like normal people thinking.

Last edited:
So..... I've waited and researched this some more. The consensus is that the f/4 version is better in price, value and image quality. Overall. Better. Lens. Never let it be said that I can't be convinced otherwise.

Sent from iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro 3

The new lens at f/4 is a stop slower than the old f/2.8, but it has a stabilizer that is supposed to add 4 stops, so hand held, it should be better. With less cost and less weight, it would be my first choice if I were purchasing a full frame Canon zoom in that focal length range. I have the 16-35 f/2.8 and 24-70 f/2.8, and wish both had stabilization.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back