D750
f/2.8
ISO 100
1/200 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox OCF Right SB 700

(Processed In LR & Silver Efex Pro2)

This is my first attempt to use a softbox.

20180207-untitled-6-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

“Untitled Colour Portrait…”

D750
f/5.6
ISO 100
1/200 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox OCF Right SB 700

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

This is my second attempt to use a softbox.

20180207-untitled-11-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

I am surprised nobody has responded yet. You did a fairly decent job lighting the face in the first one, but the posing is not the best for his facial structure. The background is a little busy too, but you know not that bad!

I think you're going to get the hang of things pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I...the posing is not the best for his facial structure...
This is, IMO, the key point. Notice how different he looks between the two in terms of his neck; in #1 he seems to have no neck at all. This gives him an odd, elf-like appearance. I think you should try and reshoot this; his expression, the lighting and your conversion work very well; just a bit more work needed on the pose and this would be a great character portrait.

I am surprised nobody has responded yet. You did a fairly decent job leading the face in the first one, but the posing is not the best for his facial structure. The background is a little busy too, but you know not that bad!

I think you're going to get the hang of things pretty quickly.

I...the posing is not the best for his facial structure...
This is, IMO, the key point. Notice how different he looks between the two in terms of his neck; in #1 he seems to have no neck at all. This gives him an odd, elf-like appearance. I think you should try and reshoot this; his expression, the lighting and your conversion work very well; just a bit more work needed on the pose and this would be a great character portrait.

I totally agree with you both... I going to go the fabric store & get a solid Black, Blue & maybe a White backdrop, the curtains in the enclosed porch are busy & not the best...I will also do my best to keep my subject as natural as possible when posing little, nuances can make big differences like @tirediron pointed out in relation to his neck.

Thank you both @Derrel & @tirediron !

Enezdez

Most reactions

Back