1st attempt with RAW images

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took me a while to stage this shot, had to use a Kirby vaccume, some tape and a big screen TV, and I'm not kidding....

This was my very first attempt at shooting raw, used NX2 to edit...C&C
DSC_04561.jpg

your online name is priceless.....made me laugh and thanks for the comments on the image....Colors are not correct, but for my first attempt, guess it's not bad...

your online name is priceless.....made me laugh and thanks for the comments on the image....Colors are not correct, but for my first attempt, guess it's not bad...

haha! thanks. That is how I refer to them too... THING ONE and THING TWO!

This was flower spike off a cactus I found laying in the back yard, I wanted a black background and had nothing to create one with except for my big screen tv, then I had to find something that would hold the flower spike in place and get it to the right heigth (sun and glare is really bad in our living room) The Kirby was sitting out and I thought to myself, hum, if I unzip the bag, then I can adjust how high the image is (again glare on tv was deciding factor on where the spike had to be) then I propped the kirby infront of the TV, then had to use some tape to get the spike to stay in the correct position, I'll post a pic in a minute....

Looks like it's under exposed but otherwise it's pretty good. I'm also curious about the set up...spill the beans.

I've been know to do some pretty crazy stuff to get an image, this is a classic, even for me.
b11.jpg

The room is glass windows on 3 sides and the only section of the tv screen that didn't have any glare was the bottom right hand side.....

natural lighting, no flash. I'm still in the learning phase and more or less kinda playing around trying to have some fun and push the limits. Other half has given me the ok to get some lighting, probably go with one of the package kits from amazon.

My LCS is having some free classes this weekend, figured it would be a good place to start.

I was having some fun with the WB controls, I realize this is not exactly a good image as far as color goes, but I found it interesting in a haunting sort of way...LOL...Kinda Mortisha adamsish

these little flowers are only .25 across, much smaller than they look
DSC_04441.jpg

Are the macro ring flashes anygood? Seem kinda $$

As far as I've seen, the ring flashes are THE best you can get for lighting of macro shots. I personally wouldn't want to fork out all that cash for lighting, though. There are some DIY ring flash instructionals out there, and you could probably find one that'd work well for you if you looked.

I agree about it being underexposed, otherwise I think they are good.

:lol: on the tv... veeeeeery creative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back