1st Attempt

blind1587

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at this type of photo. Good or bad?

Comments and critique welcome. Any pointers would be appreciated. Used a cpl for this.

Thanks

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k536/blind1587/03/waterfall.jpg
waterfall.jpg

waterfall.jpg

Last edited:
Good technically. But imo you have tried to include everything and fallen short. Whereas if you selected a certain region you probably have 2-3 really excellent pictures to be had. Play around cropping various sections and I think you will see what I am trying to say.

Then when the opportunity presents itself do that with the camera on site. A landscape almost always has several shots contained in it. And don't skip the possibility of a panorama, vertical or horizontal. The stitching programs now do a great job.

I agree that a smaller area or perhaps just to have shifted the camera to the left and got the lower falls and less dirt.
I'd like to see it brighter also. If the sunny area in the trees was not there then the whole shot could be brighter?
All in all though, nice capture.

I've tried to do this and really had no luck.

I think the lighting you had didn't do you any favors. Can you return to the spot in a time when the entire scene is sunny?

Thanks to everyone for the comments......and thank you for taking the time to do a quick crop/edit. I do see what you are saying and the edited photos do look more interesting than the original. I will focus on trying to do that in-camera next time.

I agree with one of the other posters. This pov and angle isn't working for me. I get distracted by the foliage and want little to do with the water. The dried rock area in the middle is also very.... dry. Great job, however. My first attempt I did without an ND filter and it just blew out.

I've tried to do this and really had no luck.

I think the lighting you had didn't do you any favors. Can you return to the spot in a time when the entire scene is sunny?

Yes I agree and I do frequent the spot a few times per month. Hopefully next time will be more favorable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back