1st Engagement Shoot - C+C Please

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by rub, May 29, 2009.

1. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A couple from my first engagement shoot. Please rip em apart!

Thanks,
    Kristal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. red1013

red1013 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    could use more contrast. Was the DoF in #2 created with photoshop?

3. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments red. The DOF was not created in photoshop. 50mm 1.4

4. photographyfanatic

photographyfanatic TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The pose in one is nice, but you need to bring in the blacks and soften it up a bit and the shin tones are too white - they need to be warmer. Way to harsh for an engagement photo. #2 I don't care for - their dirty shoe bottoms? I just don't know who would want that. It looks kind of yuck. Instead of their dirty shoes, how about a close up of their hands interlocked? Any way, hope I was helpful. Keep shooting!

5. twozero

twozero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the couple is probably into their boots. plus they are in the back of a truck (see the bedliner), so it is probably something personal to them. plus, i think it is neat because it is out of the ordinary. good job!

#1 though, i like it for an artistic image, but for an engagement photo, i have to agree with the others. it needs to be a little softer and warmer. i don't mind the desaturation and highlights, but they go just a hair to far.

for a first shoot, though, i love you eye for composition. but you have to leave personal preference (the first image) to your own shots, and give something a little more traditional. though, you can easily get your touch in, just make sure you show a "normal" and yours.

there is a local photographer in my area that does her own thing, but also provides the standard stuff. check her out: dixie pixel

6. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, their boots are quite important, and it is one of there favorite shots from the session.

I am still playing around with the first shot. I have a couple versions, and I can totally see what you mean about the softness. Thanks for the feedback.

Kristal