1st Newborn Session

jacquelynecullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacquelynecullen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been so excited for this since I shot mum's maternity session. Unfortunately, baby's delivery was very rough, and he had some health issues post-birth, so he was 20 days old yesterday when we were able to safely and conveniently do a shoot. Still, it was amazing. I would love to have newborns every day! I did four setups with him, but here are a few from the first setup, which was my favorite.

(composite, mum was supporting his head on the side)

CC always welcome. :)

did you soften them all, or were they all shot oof?

did you soften them all, or were they all shot oof?

I had to soften most of the images. He had very blotchy, red, baby acne skin. So most images used a combination of Imagenomic Portraiture, separation frequency, and color correction to try to keep the texture and fine baby hairs while getting rid of the baby acne.
Also the images posted are 70 quality jpegs resized for web (960px on longest side) so image quality is reduced on these. The full res's are tack sharp. ;)

Here's the final outcome with the slide show here. Mum was so happy, she cried, which made me happy, too. Looking at them, I see a lot of areas I'll work to improve.... smoothing blankets more, angles (not shooting up the nose so much :blushing:), gray card use for every pose change (my hands seemed so full so much that I abandoned the gray card concept on many).... but that all being said, for a 1st newborn shoot, I'm happy with the outcome and greatly looking forward to finding more babies to capture soon!

Slideshow/Blog here: https://jacquelynecullen.squarespace.com/blog/2014/6/26/introducing-remington-bell

The first one is my favorite. Its just a sweet pose. I know how hard newborns can be and the fact that this little guy was already 20 days old....I'm amazed that you were able to do the composite pose.

Nice job.

Wow..... New Born baby really looks so adorable and cute. These photographs really looks so great. It's authentically perfect work. These pictures are really looking with full of inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Solid work, but be careful not to shoot up the nose. If you'll position yourself nearer to baby's forehead and shoot down the body you'll have a more flattering angle.

Beautiful pictures and adorable baby! I am new to photography and am planning on taking photos for a friend. Can you recommend lenses that you used?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back