1st photo session

logansmom8316

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pics from my first ever session. Pics are taken with a D40 and Elements 7 used for photoshopping. Please give your opinions...there's a bunch.

268copy.jpg

184copy.jpg

170copy_edited-1.jpg

152copy_edited-2copy.jpg

152copy.jpg

149copy.jpg

142copy.jpg

104copy.jpg

096copy.jpg

083copy_edited-1.jpg

078copy_edited-1.jpg

061copy.jpg

005copy_edited-2copy.jpg

Last edited:
You may want to post the pictures rather than a link.
Generaly they are good, you have good composition, and I enjoyed them, but you might want to ease up the skin softening, I think you took it a bit too far in a few and they look fake.

Thank you for your response.....I am new to this forum thing to...

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture other than a link..

The pictures are generally good, but I'm in agreement that there is a lot of excessive skin softening going on in most of the shots. Kids have almost perfect skin,and the way you're accomplishing it does not look as good as other methods. Also, the kids look very yellow,and that is not a good flesh tone to shoot for; the little girl in the first photo, with the red bow in her hair--now that photo has a healthy, natural looking skin tone. I also think the extreme camera tilts as a way to add dynamism when none exists is a strategy you might wish to rethink a little bit.

There are some nice shots in that set. I don't like some of the more extreme angles, it's distracting and doesn't really add anything to several of the pics. It makes them look awkward IMHO.

But good work over all.

The pictures came out real nice but I do agree with the bright skin tone and the extreme angles. It looks nice but sometimes to much of a good thing makes it bad. Also the picture where the baby is crawling and the one where he is wearing the blue hat seem to be a little off centered or is it just me.

Adorable kids...

These seem a bit underexposed and your WB is off. Their skintones look very yellow. A couple are a little bit soft (it's especially noticeable on the girl in the photo where both are in the tub). Your BW are OK...they could use a little more contrast. I agree with the others about the tilts...it's particularly obvious that you posted them in an order that makes my head go back and forth. I'm not a huge fan of tilts anyways, but one or 2 tilts can be fun...not EVERY photo! =(

Thanks guys. This my first shoot ever...it is actually my first time practicing..I will continue to practice. I will take all of your comments into great consideration the next time.

Well I am no fan of tilted photos. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't add anything to the images and gives me a neck ache...

Some are nice and some not so much. I can't really comment on which is which because they aren't numbered. Next time try to number the photos so it's easier for us to respond about each particular photo. Oh, and not too shabby for a first time shoot.

Most reactions

Back