1ST Photo

Simonko1997

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thats the 1st photo that i dare to call " professional " from my dear friend professionals please rate it from 1-10 ( 0 photoshop , 0 everything pure clean photo ).

Photo Taken by Uroš Novina

Flicker = Uroš Novina

Please follow for more nice pictures and tell your opinion about it

Attachments

• SuperCloseČebela.jpg
    SuperCloseČebela.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Might be wrong but feels a bit over sharpened and I would blur the background, nice picture but I am confused about the term professional, is this a professional picture ?
What is your definition of professional picture ?

Yep. Looks pretty 'crispy'.

There are no "pure, clean" photos.
If you shoot Raw files

Today's standard CMOS pixel (active pixel sensor) consists of an analog photodetector (a pinned photodiode), a floating diffusion, a transfer gate, reset gate, selection gate and source-follower readout transistor. The whole shebang (pixel) being known as a 4T cell.
The light energy the analog photo detector is recorded as an analog voltage.
When the analog voltage is 'read' it's amplitude value then gets converted to a digital number.

Note that pixels cannot record color. Pixels can only record gray scale.

Because of that in front of the pixels is a Color Filter Array (CFA). Using the layout of that color array a Raw file converter interpolates what color of light each pixel recorded - a process known as Demosaicing - using the camera's built-in firmware or an external Raw conversion application like Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), to produce a 16-bit depth Raw image data file.

In addition the data file also has to have a gamma curve applied that matches the human eye non-linear response to light as opposed to the linear response of the photodetector that is the heart of a pixel. Some sharpening and some tone mapping is also applied.

The situation is such that each Raw converter application, be it in-the-camera firmware or an external application, renders a Raw file according to it's own unique set of algorithms.

If a photo is made in the camera as a JPEG file the in-the-camera firmware first rendered the Raw file the image sensor (pixels, signal amplifiers, and analog to digital converter) made, and then applied the lossy, compressed changes that are the basis of the 8-bit depth, ready-to-print JPEG file type making the output image way, way less than "pure, clean".

DSLR cameras have user changeable in-the-camera settings that additional edit the JPEG file before it is written to he memory card in the camera, thus making the final image even less pure and clean.

Raw files are not ready to print and require post production 'finishing' (editing).

Last edited:
I am seeing some severe CA or possibly over processed in post. Clarity is way to strong, as is the sharpness. The image is just not real clean. Would be interesting to see the unprocessed file.

Looks pretty heavily processed.
( 0 photoshop , 0 everything pure clean photo ).
Photoshop is not a bad thing. Bad photoshop is a bad thing. Photoshop is just a tool. Like any tool it can only produce what the craftsperson lets it.

Most reactions

Back