1st Photos C&C

Schubs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I just got my Sony a230 DSLR today. I am a total noob at photography, but I thought I took some good photos. Here are a few photos:

My dog
DSC00014.JPG

A flower
DSC00075.JPG

A bubble MF
DSC00148.JPG

Another bubble MF
DSC00117.JPG

I tried to get a good picture of a bee on a flower, but I wasn't fast enough.
DSC00079.JPG

What do you think about these pics?

Last edited:
#1: Good start. Most people make the mistake of taking pet pictures from human height, which mostly ruins it. Getting down to their level is good. The focus is off though, I'm assuming you were auto focusing right on the nose. This would probably turn out better manual to get more of his face into focus.

#2: Out of focus a bit, it has potential though. Flower shots are all about definition in my opinion. There isn't much clear definition here to make it really stand out.

#3/4: My favorites of the bunch, I actually like them. If they were on a solid black background instead of what appears to be a kitchen counter :)P) and a bit more in focus, they'd be pretty sharp!

#5: Same as #2, see above.

Also, it helps to number your pictures for easier reference if you want C&C. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the advice. I'll number them next time. #1 was one of my first photos. I was having trouble getting pictures to not be blurry, so I sat it on the ground.

I have a question. I had a black background behind the bubble but it looked more brownish after I took the photo. How can I make it appear more black? Also, how would I give the flower more definition?

Here are a few more photos I took.

Tac2.jpg

Wolf1.jpg

FruitSnack.jpg

Money1.jpg

Most reactions

Back