1st photoshoot...HELP

yeah, i have to ask myself that question all the time... and did you mean lensbaby? or lens baby? cuz i got confused

oh lensbaby lol. i dont think ill be as scared as i was now ive gotten to know the guy.

ok, yeah, i'm hopefully going to buy one tomorrow night.... (ebay) dont take it from me!

oh lensbaby lol. i dont think ill be as scared as i was now ive gotten to know the guy.

no what you need is a good lens with a wide aperature to get the background out of focus.. its possible with the kit lens though so maybe try shooting AP and stopping the lens down to 5.6 or even 3.5 but i think it might not be as sharp at 3.5

Funky, a book I picked up and started reading is called "Posing Techniques for Digital Portraits", by Jeff Smith. The posing in the shots looks, well, ummm, sucky, for lack of a better term. It's as if he is trying to pose to look cool, but not pulling it off at all. I think there are some unintuitive things about posing your subject that you can only pick up from examples, or a mentor (maybe benjikan can comment on this). Anyways, you may want to read up a bit on posing your subject. Good job getting over your initial jitters, though!

yeah, 2's really dark. im looking forward to shooting him again today. it sounds like im also shooting a girl.

1) Why are posing techniques different for digital than they are for film? Sound awful gimmicky.

2) Forget lensbabies. Your money would be much better spent on a faster lens.

well i like the feed back..xD thanks. i guess theres not much else to say huh?

Most reactions

Back