1st pic being used on a poster

johentie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I made a thread about asking for some help with a ring in a book and using the light to cast a heart shaped shadow.

This is for a poster that is being made for a church seminar about Relationships..

this is the picture i came up with.. i used the WB to make the colour a little bit purplish.. initially i wanted to focus on the main verse we will be using but it didnt work out cause the picture doesn;t look as good.

C&C

ringCross.jpg

i like it! good job. i dont know if i like the purplish/bluish tint though....

cool shot, it looks pretty good, but i agree it is just a tiny bit too blue

Looks great. The blue does work for me because of the "steel" items in the picture. They are probably silver, but you get the gist. Steel blue. hehe
I think I would like to see a slightly different crop if available with the items down and too the left a bit more...

i think it looks sweet and conveys exactly what you want. I agree with the recrop. When i scrolled down the screen "cropped" your pic a bit on the top, coinidentally where the, "capture booty' apears on the right side page. and that made the shadow stand out.
nice!

thanks guys ; > i've only had the camera for about a month ; >

yah i thought i might be too blue/purplish too but i like the effect .. i tried playing around with it in PS but i think this one looks best..

the heart shadow thing has been done a lot ... but i tried to add the cross to say what the seminar is about ; >

I really like the idea and the execution of the photo, the blue tint works well in my opinion. I'm not too sure about the depth of field, though. I mean, it's good, but I think it would work better with either a wider aperture to blur most/all of the text or a smaller aperture to keep it all in focus.

i love this. it looks great. :)

That is a great shot.. With the ring making a heart on the book... perfect.

great shot... i use it all the time in weddings that i'm shooting.. great job with it

Chris, Just being curious. Is there a certain scripture you have the page turned to for the wedding picture?

Chris, Just being curious. Is there a certain scripture you have the page turned to for the wedding picture?

if they are a christian couple, and they have a meaningful bit of scripture read at the ceremony, I use it on what they have read... if there isn't scripture of any type read, I use 1 cor 13 (the love chapter) and while you wont get most of the words in focus, i try to make sure that the word love is in focus

Most reactions

Back