1st set of engagement pics

morganleigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm learning photography. for practice I did engagement pics for a friend. I'd love constructive critism!

eIMG_0218.jpg

fIMG_9913.jpg

eIMG_8832.jpg

fIMG_9612.jpg

Very nice! I really like #2, I must really like that location b/c that was my fav out of the other set of pics you posted.

that is the chapel at duke university. our campus is so beautiful. I have so many more places on campus to explore for photography.

A good start.

A couple of these images would benefit greatly from fill light In #3 & #4, he looks like he has raccoon eyes and both their faces are too dark in #4. You could have used flash or a reflector to direct some light into their faces, lighting them up and making for a better looking portraits.

A good start.

A couple of these images would benefit greatly from fill light In #3 & #4, he looks like he has raccoon eyes and both their faces are too dark in #4. You could have used flash or a reflector to direct some light into their faces, lighting them up and making for a better looking portraits.

yes, for some reason I'm scared to use my flash. I need to practice with it more. I'll make a point to use it next time I do portraits.

i really like #1, its a tad over exposed, but i like the idea.. i'm not a fan of angled images, so #2 does nothing for me, thats just a personal preference though, #3.. it could be my eyes (i'm not wearing my glasses) but I think his face is out of focus a bit and the left side of the image is slightly over exposed for my likeing (but again, a personal preference) #4 is good, but needs a reflector under them to fill in those shadows.

I like #1 good capture. I like #2 as well, but I would like it better if it weren't angled. It could just be me but I find myself tilting my head

thanks for the feedback. after this shoot I worried that I was tilting the camera too much.

I do need to work on my lighting. for now I'm going to lighten the faces in photoshop. but, i want to get better at getting the picture right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back