1st shots with a DSLR, how about a little C&C?

Bisbonian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Until now I've lived my digital photo life with a point & shoot as it's just too convenient; recently I decided to step up a little into the DSLR world and just wanted to share a couple from a recent trip.

I've been shooting on the Aperture Priority mode (I think, I set the aperture and the camera handles the shutter) and doing some bracketing along with changes of depth of field to try to get the effect that I want. One of my problems is that I seem to like darker pictures, sometimes too dark.

1. Wanted to give the impression that I was getting ready to attack the twisties.

RT6662010138.jpg

2. Very simple, Ride the World.

RT6662010009.jpg

No post processing done, haven't figured out that whole Photoshop thing.

1) is okk...like the idea..bike cud use some fill light
2) seems like your camera accidentally went off and this was the result...

^ Agreed.

The second one simply has too much out of focus - and while sometimes blur is pleasant to look at, in this case it's not so much.

I think the first shot would be awesome if the bike was to the left of the curve

I like the idea with #1 for sure...I agree with dak1b about the fill light. I also would've liked it if you were a little further back and had the whole bike in the shot...overall good though...

#2 - Not so sure about it...If you'd have gotten closer and gotten more of the "Ride The World" in frame, it would've been great. It's kinda hard to read it from there, but if it took up 75%+ of the frame, it would've made more sense...

Overall, not bad at all for your first time out w/ a dSLR...Still workin' on getting mine!!

Keep it up!
TBG

There are a number of compositional guidelines that have been shown, over the last couple of thousands years, to consistantly help make images that are interesting to look at.

A recent thread here on TPF highlighted one of those guidelines known as the Rule Of Thirds (ROT). (Google search. There are many links that discuss ROT.)

Photo focus: Rule of thirds | Reuters.com

no1 is nice but 2 could've been better if you showed more of " ride the wind" since its your main subject but the way you shot it draws attention away from those words to the water in the photo which is out of focus so its confusing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back