1st sunset

crazyman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
n1267770285_30011394_5707.jpg

So what do you guys/gals think? It's with a crappy point and shoot, 3x optical zoom. The 1st cybershot with a touchscreen 8.1 mp

I like the composition (although there might be too much sky) but there just isn't enough of a 'pop' with the colors, they are just too muted. And the sun is just a big white orb, which might not hurt this shot that much. Still though, I like it.

I would like to see it with the ATV tracks more defined and the shy cropped. Just my $.02.

Reminds me oh Oahu, on Cliffs.

personally, i got a point and shoot that i use when my DLSR aint around (also helps for taking "notes" in school off of a whiteboard)

and i know that cybershot
i almost got it before i found my Pentax Z10
anyway, this shot aint bad, but its at a normal view, standing up, the camera at eye level.
try going up on a hill, or down on the ground, hell, get in the water if u want
second, the colors are a bit bland for my liking, as well as the huge overexposed blot that is the sun
try a higher f-number and to reduce the amount of light that comes in, if it doesnt black out the entire image, of course
also, your horizon is planted right in the middle of the frame, dead center
also kind of average for a sunset shot
look up the rule of thirds on google if you dont know about it, it does wonders for composition

still, a good starting shot man =P
keep it up

yea thanks for the comments... that was pretty much as dark as I could get the sun without blacking out everything else. This was in SoCal, it was a pretty nice beach.

thanks for the link. I probably should've waited a little longer I was just worried that I wouldn't get the shot off because I had to leave the beach soon. The problem with California in July is that the sun sets soo quickly. I swear that half an hour after that picture it was dark already.

Smaller aperature and a tad longer shutter speed would help with the sun.

Oh yea that's for sure but my problem was I didn't have a stand so I couldn't steady a camera for that long, especially a point and shoot.

Most reactions

Back