1st time posting photos for critiques

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by J Crew, Apr 11, 2007.

1. J Crew

J Crew TPF Noob!

Here are a few photos my Wife recently took and I did the post processing and touchup work. Please give us honest feedback as it's the only way we will learn. Thanks.

- Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NJMAN

NJMAN TPF Noob!

Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Too much contrast and blowout in the first one for my taste, but some may like that sort of thing. Skin tone and clarity are great on the color shots. Could use a fill flash to soften shadows on the ones shot in direct sunlight. Overall, fantastic work. Nice going.

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Way too much airbrushing. She looks like a plastic barbie doll in the last image, just completely unnatural.

I'm not a fan of airbrushing, but it's personal preference.

4. nabero

nabero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with NJMAN about the contrast...it's not my taste really, but it does look interesting. My favorites are definitely 4,5, and 6. I really like the pose in 4, but I think cloning out the reflection of person in the sunglasses would make it even better. You've got an incredible looking model here, but I keep looking back at the person on the bridge of her nose! I think 5 and 6 would make fantastic headshots...the arm (?) looks kind of contorted (a bit like a chicken wing from this angle).

Just my two cents...hope it helps :)

5. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love these! You did a great job.. Um, I think my husband thinks your wife is hotLOL because he never pays attention to what I'm looking at on here and he totally stopped to see what I was doing on his way past. hahahahaha!
    He likes the black and white #5 the best. Ilove the first one but I do like that look I know its not always popular around these parts. LOL

GREAT JOB!

6. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    She seems to have nice enough skin to forgo the airbrush anyway. I would like number 2 the best with the exception that she looks as if she didn't want to get wet. Her legs are unnaturally in the air instead of layed in the sand.

7. J Crew

J Crew TPF Noob!

Thanks for the advice... my Wife and I are going to be experimenting with fill light on some shoots coming up. The first photo was an acid wash effect and I can defenitely see how one would either like it or hate it.

There are some major skin problems that forced the airbrushing, otherwise there would have been zero airbrushing.

Thanks for that input, I need to take alittle more time with some of these and correct the defects such as the reflection, etc.

LOL, this isn't my Wife... she's the one that took the photographs. My Wife is much hotter than the model, although she's a pretty girl. Thanks for the compliment on the photos :)

Unfortunately, there's some problems with scarring from acne that forced me to airbrush. Also, I agree with the legs, but the rest of the photo is so good that I had to use it (in my opinion). Thanks everyone for the input, advice, criticism, and compliments. It was all very much appreciated :mrgreen:

8. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really love #5 and #6. Great pose, and look on her face!!!!

9. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh haha I need to learn how to read. I thought it said here are a few photos of my wife recently... duh.. anyhow I love them they're great sorry about that. :blushing:

10. Brokepilot

Brokepilot TPF Noob!

Great shots!! I like them all. I think I need to move back to the ocean though. I miss the scenery!!!

11. tekzero

tekzero TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    what is your method when u airbrush?

12. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think that you can get rid of skin imperfections without going so far that her skin looks fake. That last one is just so overdone that it almost looks like a cartoon. Also there's something about her expression in these that's just turning me off. She's a very beautiful woman so the pictures still look good, but I'm wondering what she would look like with a natural smile or with her mouth all the way closed. I think my favorite is #3.