1st Time Posting Photos Here

sarahdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sarahkdavisphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm not doing something right when posting photos, but I just copied this from my Medium size Flickr photo, will this size work or do I need to go down to small?

3191389701_24948362c7.jpg

This is my son Caden (almost 4) eating an apple a few days ago. I finally learned how to use the b&w focal effect in Paint, and I love it!

3190498416_60e32d8055.jpg

This is my daughter Kinsey (1)

2717992119_9b952b83e5.jpg

This is my stepson, Cole (8) this summer

The size is fine. Cute kids.

I finally learned how to use the b&w focal effect in Paint, and I love it!
Is that the 'selective color' effect that you have going in the first two?
It's funny...because people really love that effect when they first see it or when they learn how to do it...but many of us photographers, who have seen it for years and year...have really come to hate it.

Personally, I don't mind it...when it's done with a good purpose in mind...to draw attention to something that should have attention drawn to it. In your images, I think it's hurting rather than helping. In the 2nd shot, for example...the attention is now on the hair ties and the shirt...when it should be on your daughter's face.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't mind it...when it's done with a good purpose in mind...to draw attention to something that should have attention drawn to it. If your images, I think it's hurting rather than helping. In the 2nd shot, for example...the attention is now on the hair ties and the shirt...when it should be on your daughter's face.
Just my opinion.

I know what you mean Mike. I'm very new to photography, and I have been in a phase the last few days where I want to selectively color a lot of my photos.

Thanks for the CC. Yes, Picasa calls it black & white focal effect. But you're only allowed a circle of color in there so I was happy to learn how in Paint. I realize that effect isn't for everyone which is why I always save the originals also.

Most reactions

Back