1st wedding album draft . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so now I have finally finished all of my previously contracted weddings for the year. I am working on finishing up some of the editing from the last one on Sept 3rd. Tomorrow my wife and I meet with them to discuss a printed album. I thought it might be a good idea to have some examlpes of page spreads ect to better explain what they would be getting for thier investment. So earlier in the week I threw together 20 page spread examples to show them on my laptop tomorrow and if they like will then be posted onto thier personal wedding page hosted on my website.

For those who recognize the "album background" no I did not use Gary Fongs actions or software for these layouts. I did them all on my own in CS2, but I did use the "album pages" image around them to simulate the album look.

These are set up for a square 10x10 or 12x12" flushmount album and are coded in a simple Photoshop CS2 flash web gallery. The music is part of the song played for thier first dance.

I appreciate any comments/critiques/ideas and thank you in advance. Just please be gentle as this is my first layout and only my third "PAID" wedding:oops:

Thanks again, hope you enjoy . . .

www.steffenphoto.com/album

PS- Now that I might have a little more time to spend being a contributor here again I should have more to share soon ;)

Very nice! the only criticisim I might have is Imho I think the first page is way too dark and the large image of the cake should definately be in color if anything the insets on that spread should be in B+W instead of the cake itself othewise great job! I particularly like the pics of the wedding party walking on the cobblestones great angle and excellent action

I think the layouts are really nice. I only have 2 small things.

#6 I just don't think that the selective coloring shot goes that great with the more sepia B&Ws. JMO

And #11 seems to need something in the blank white areas. Maybe even making it a different color than white.

Love the wine bottle shot. I couldn't get that at the wedding I shot. The wine was in boxes.:lol:

You've got every right to feel proud of this album. I'm not going to attempt to critique individaul images. I considered your presentation as a single work. I've got to tell you, you did a wonderful job of capturing the event. VERY nice.

Pete

Thanks everyone!

They really liked it alot and looks like they will be ordering one. The groom has a bit of sticker shock but I bet she is going to talk him into it (of course he said in the end it is her decision anyway;) )

These were just some quick layout ieas I threw together so I will definately take the advice into account when setting up the final full res version(s).

The song is "True Companion" from Marc Cohen. It is the song they had thier first dance to and I added it at the last moment for a little extra emotion factor ;) They were just impressed I paid enough attention to remember and know what thier song was! (extra brownie points for me:sexywink: )

Still having problems finding 20 page flushmount albums though, anyone have advice on this? They have been quoted for a 15 page (30 side) one right now but would really like a 20 page (40 side) or more.

Thanks again everyone :hugs:

I think on that music if you do enough weddings you soon know all the potential "sappy" first dance songs.

So if that was the first draft do we all get to see the final product?

Most reactions

Back