2 Days and...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by duncanp, Mar 17, 2007.

1. duncanp

duncanp TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i know what im getting for my birthday as we just bought it (a Fuji F30) and im going to see Spamalot :D and... we will have our dog in 7 days time also :)

also i got my first modular science results and i got an A in both of them :)

:)

2. EBphotography

EBphotography TPF Junkie!

Photos OK to edit
    Congrats on the puppy, A's, Fuji F30, and Spamalot! :greenpbl:

:D:D

3. NYBrit

NYBrit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You're having a good week! ;)

4. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, you're on a roll, duncan! (We're gonna want pics of the puppy, I can tell you!) Gratz on the A's!

5. duncanp

duncanp TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Spamalot was brilliant yesterday, quite amusing to see a few people pulled out at the end by security guards during the performance, they were asked to show their mobile phones, cameras and video recorders.... silly people...

6. cadd

cadd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Duncanp, there are millions of point & shoot cameras around. Why did you choose the Fuji F30? I'm asking because I just went and purchased one today!!! Reading the manual now.

Well, I didn't do much research. I looked at a few and narrowed it down between the Canon SD700IS and the Fuji F30. I went to www.dpreview.com and read their reviews along with user reviews on www.cnet.com. Both these cameras got great reviews and were on dpreview's highly recommended list.

But it was a tough decision for me. The SD700 looks 10x better and it makes the F30 look like it's 5 years old. I've used other Canon products (dad's old (from the early 80s) SLR and newer digital p&s) in the past and liked them. But for some reason, I went with my gut feeling and decided to give Fuji a chance, so I picked it up.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to photography. I really don't understand ISO, apenture, shutter speed, etc. So, I'll have to look up to you for advice & settings on your F30.

One more thing before I end this long boring post.....the salesman tried to sell me the F40 for the same price as the F30. It looks A LOT newer! But I guess I was being conservative and didn't want to take a chance....so I stuck with the F30 (I didn't even know they had an F40).

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say Happy Birthday!!!!! Congrats on your puppy & congrats on your exam!

7. GoM

GoM TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Spamalot is freakin amazin'

Congrats on the F30...Fuji's, from what little experience I have with them (consisting entirely of one camera, primarily for under a year and completely on a less-pro-more-sumer basis) a solid company, and for a P&S, can't go wrong.