2 fast primes or one fast zoom?

How did it go Noyze?

Did you meet the guy?

If it's not too late - I would go with 2 primes over 1 zoom any day... Not that it matters...

Met up with him after work, traded the 35mm f/1.8 for the 35-70 f/2.8D even up - he already had a 50mm so it worked out good.

Great lens, I'm loving it so far.

I think this was the best of both worlds solution, glad it worked out this way.

Thanks for all the input everyone, I really do appreciate it! :thumbup:

First photos, all wide open:

565951258_HPRa5-L.jpg

565950736_ptzLS-L.jpg

565950764_yAXwT-L.jpg

565951678_PesXf-XL.jpg

565951915_tjDPW-L.jpg

Last edited:
If the zoom has higher optical quality than the primes ... then use the zoom. If you need the wide aperture of the primes ... then use the primes. You will have to figure out what is important.

I use primes ... primarily.
My previous 35mm film system consisted of all primes ... 28mm, 50mm, 135mm, 300mm ... as there wasn't a zoom lens with equal quality or wide aperture.

My DSLR system consists of 3 primes and one zoom (Maxxum AF 28-135mm) of exceptional image quality.

good call! you should also play with the macro function it's pretty neat and an added perk of that lens.

35MM for the zoom - that guy lost some serious cash due to his impatience no doubt. Congrats on the better exchange.

Thanks man, we both got what we were after - he also had the 17-55 f/2.8 but he wouldn't trade me that one :D

I am really digging this lens though, exactly what I hoped for and needed in a lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back