2 Flashes, One Camera, I need help finding adapter

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by RickyN29, Jan 8, 2006.

1. RickyN29

RickyN29 TPF Noob!

K, maybe this does not exist....

I have a Canon 350d (Rebel XT) which of course does not have a PC socket.

I have a Speedlite 430ex and a cheapo Vivitar 2000 flash.

Okay, so you know how the speedlite has 1 main pin and 4 small pins (for the TTL 2 etc) I am looking for an adapter, that plugs on the hotshot, then the speedlite plugs onto (maintaining the same contacts for proper function) that also has a PC cord output.

So, looks something just like this, but with the needed contact for an E-TTL 2 flahs unit.

[​IMG]

It would help so much if someone might know where I could buy what I am looking for!!!!!

-Ricky

2. Lumix

Lumix TPF Noob!

Just a suggestion. Why not use your second flash with a slave unit? Both will then fire at the same time and no wires.

3. RickyN29

RickyN29 TPF Noob!

Actually, that's what I do now, I have the vivitar hooked to a Sunpak wireless slave trigger. But I find it sometimes misses a shot, and it has to be in line with the flash from the main unit. It is kinda annoying. I would like a more reliable setup.

4. orangetree

orangetree TPF Noob!

I have an off camera shoe for my Canon that is made by canon that has all the ettl pins. It doesnt have a sync connection in it, but i think they make one just like this one with the sync....

you said you second flash sometimes misses shots, just a question could it be the recycle time... I ve used a double flash system in a master slave configuration and i dont have problems with it

5. orangetree

orangetree TPF Noob!

with a little creative wiring you could take 2 of these and hook them together... i would see why it wouldnt work might blow up your camera thou who knows LOL