thank you :)
1)
hinch.jpg
2)
gd2.jpg

bonus
3)
gd.jpg

I am no pro, not even close but I noticed that the first one is crooked and not centered. Perhaps out of focus too. I prefer the first edit on the second picture more. Others may not, but there is something I like about it. Maybe because I am a dog person.

Most good prose does not call attention to itself. The language is easy to understand, the sentences are smooth and flowing, and before you realize it, you've read 30 pages.

Really?

That's a shame.

Maybe it just got stuck in your hair?

You just need to tease it out.

. . .I honestly just come to your C&Cs to see what new torture you've put more photos through.

#1: Too much Gaussian blur (or something!), composition sucks: it's crooked and off-center like the person above said. It really just hurts my eyes looking at it, it could have been a neat image if the whites were white and not blue, and if there was some actual substance to it rather than being on 95% blur.

#2/#3: I think you'd enjoy taking photos with an holga camera. The shadows are so black there is no detail, but it's still on the verge of becoming a somewhat interesting shot, I feel that the subjects are somewhat boring. It just looks like a snapshot you tried too hard to fix with PS. But that's nothing new to you, now is it? :er::grumpy:

Most good prose does not call attention to itself. The language is easy to understand, the sentences are smooth and flowing, and before you realize it, you've read 30 pages.

WHOOSH! <------- That is the sound of that one going *right* over my head. :scratch: :lmao:
I think it has to do with a good picture doesn't need so much fxcking photoshop to be good!:p

Really?

That's a shame.

Maybe it just got stuck in your hair?

You just need to tease it out.

Haha maybe...

To the OP:

I'll tell you what bothers me most about #1... it's not the nuclar white glow or the fact that it's tilted to the left... it's the fact that when I look at it for more than 2 seconds, I get a 3D kind of illusion of the wreaths floating off of the door. Clearly it's not so intense that they're popping out of my screen, but they are definitely disconnected from the door... or at least they *feel* that way.

I think that may have been what he was going for.. But it would really help us out if he described a bit of his artistic interpretations on things instead of just posting up the picture for C&C.
When a picture is just put out there, we're judging it based on what we know makes a good photo.
If he posts it along with an explanation, then maybe we can help with feedback on whether we feel he achieved what he was after. :blushing:

I think that may have been what he was going for.. But it would really help us out if he described a bit of his artistic interpretations on things instead of just posting up the picture for C&C.

I have suggested he do that. Again, and again, and again, and again...

well crop number 1 to just the door Frame and you have a nice Christmas card cover other than that not much else to be done with it.

2. No Opinion.

Hmmm you kind of remind me of Jocelyn Wildenstein.. no matter how bad something gets, you continue to make it worse by doing the same thing over and over. Focus on the photography, dude. Pretty sure this sort of 'graphic design' doesn't belong here. Peace :er:

I'm curious to see what Happens. :popcorn:

The same thing that always happens. We tell him to use less PP... he wonders why it looks so bad. We tell him why and tell him not to do it again. He does it again. :lmao:

Yep...:violin:
:waiting:....I understand he *LOVES*( perhaps being an understatement) his Photoshop... but, like everyone has said many times before..
When your asking for C/C, you have to be willing to make the changes.. and learn from your mistakes...The persistence is growing old. :Face-Palm:

I sorta feel sorry for him. He's young and you can tell he really enjoys photography. He at least takes the time to try different things. How many young people nowadays do constructive and artistic things instead of being lazy and doing nothing or playing video games? If everyone cant stand his pictures, why do you keep looking at them?

why do you keep looking at them?

Because I still have hope for him :lol: I've like 1 or 2 out of the 20 or so that I've seen... and I feel like he could do a *fantastic* job once he gets over his PP obsession... so I open every thread hoping that it's *the one*. :lmao:

Hmm.,. Exactly what she said ^.

He HAS potential... he just needs to lay off the PP that he frequently over uses.

Still hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back