2 for C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, in the last thread you said you were going to delete PS after those pictures. I told you not to and to just live and learn. I should have just said delete PS .... LOL j/k

I'm starting to wonder if your use of photoshop filters is to compensate for bad photos (oof, composition, etc).

For what it's worth I think especially the first image looks smudgy. It doesn't have the warm, glowing appearance of the holidays. It just looks like an accident.

I would really like to hear how you processed that? Did you use the blur tool selectively?

Hmmm...he still seems to shoot in Auto Mode.
I don't think he really understands photography, how to use his camera, or how to get a good exposure, let alone creative exposure. I have come to think he loves Photoshopping more than photography. I am unsure whether he understands composition and how to use it. Photo #1 kinda exemplifies this. That image should be symmetrical. He doesn't use photoshop to fix the bad things in images, he uses it to apply "effects".

Hmmm...he still seems to shoot in Auto Mode.
I don't think he really understands photography, how to use his camera, or how to get a good exposure, let alone creative exposure. I have come to think he loves Photoshopping more than photography. I am unsure whether he understands composition and how to use it. Photo #1 kinda exemplifies this. That image should be symmetrical. He doesn't use photoshop to fix the bad things in images, he uses it to apply "effects".

Bingo

I don't understand why so many people are being so rude?
This is a child?? who obviously has a passion about something.

OP: The first pic is not centered, that is why it looks off, the lights on either side, one is cut off, the other has extra space, make sure you look at stuff like that when shooting....

I really like the other 2, I don't see anything wrong with them. Would they win 5000 dollars at a contest, no, but how many people do?

Keep it up!

I think your first shot had some potential. A more-strictly controlled composition woul have really elevated the shot; the porch and doors are designed and decorated in a very formal, symmetrical manner, but the composition you made is out of balance, and the lack of symmetry works against the picture. The post processing however, is actually interesting to me, since it creates an almost surrealistic feeling. Good job on the PP technique, but the underlying scene, the symmetrical, formally-balanced scene does not quite come together with the hand-held type of composition/photograph. This is the kind of scene where it's critical to get the camera **exactly** aligned so that you have a formal balance, OR from an angle that's clearly offset enough so that we get the sense that we're looking from an off to the side point of view.

The second shot, of the woman and the dog...it has a "look" to it. I prefer the toning in the first shot over that in the third or so-called bonus shot. The photo is obviously manipulated, obviously adjusted in post. To a lot of people, that's what digital photography is all about. One thing about these types of efforts: you need to consider who the viewing audience is, and where these images are being presented. Your woman and dog photo would work as a stock photo for several types of articles...it has "feeling", it has "a look". It's not a great photo, but it does have "a certain quality". I see that you have an interest in photo manipulation...I 'get' some of where you're at right now,at your age. If I were you, a teenager in the 2010 era, I'd be very careful about who I listened to in terms of criticisms of your work and your results. Different audiences will have different opinions of your work, based upon their own points of view and experiences and degree of art appreciation. Let me put it this way: you'd probably flunk out of a school of photojournalism, but your work might find acceptance among the fine arts department...

yep I see every time he posts people tear him a new one about how he over processes, ok, he doesnt get it, move on. Stop posting to him, if you ignore it, it will go away.

You're absolutely right. We need more coddling.
No negative posts and only positive ones.

Your images are beautiful, you have a natural eye, keep it up!

There, hows that?

You're absolutely right. We need more coddling.
No negative posts and only positive ones.

Your images are beautiful, you have a natural eye, keep it up!

There, hows that?

Normally, I despise your brand of sarcasm, but this time you said exactly what I was thinking.

your wrong bitter I shoot in program mode and play around with tv and all the other modes, that include bulb

And yet we look with grand anticipation that this time the mighty er111a will throw down his magic wand of photoshop land and produce a creation of such magnitude that we will all bow to the true master of the photography. A true inspiration for all who dream that dream of excellence.:popcorn:

They both need an artificial Photoshop lens flare. :thumbup:

I'm not saying to LIE or fluff up his @#% but really, you guys need to take a chill....

Ok he over photoshops. every. single. picture.

He's been told a billion times, dude you over photoshop, yet he still does....

If you don't like the style, move onto the next, if he didnt hear you the first billion times, do you think the billionth and one time is going to matter? haha

I'm just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back