2 for your review from Magic Dam

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
103 degrees and too many speedboats and PWC's to get any good fishing in ... here's 2 shots from the area...

Thanks for lookin, and any comments appreciated..

3734010750_66370f6fb7_b.jpg

3734014126_00db9fdc5d_b.jpg

#1 - I think I would prefer to see this in landscape orientation. Exposure is good but I don't find the image to be very interesting.

#2 - Visually interesting shot. The softness of the main subject is playing off the soft lines and colors in the background.

Okay, so as someone who takes a LOT of landscape shots, and has all of them turn out mediocre, I can tell you the most important part of a landscape is not the landscape, its the foreground. :)

The first photo would greatly benefit from some sort of focal point in the foreground. I have a real problem with this, cause I am thinking, "Where the hell is a good focal point?" But that's key to a great photo.

Something I'm toying around with, but haven't done is props. Find something, anything beaten down or weathered (or that matches the look you're going for), and place it in the foreground of the photo. Maybe that might help.

I know this is more than you asked for, but if you don't like the advice, just forget I said it. :)

Actually, that helps a lot, and gives me some ideas.... I do remember there being an old weathered log that we were sitting on that I could have drug over into the picture.. Thanks ...

r

I'd want to add that considering the time of day could help too. The light during the 'golden hour' around sun up/sun set really helps make landscapes pop with nice warm tones.

Couldn't get the wife up that early ......... in fact, we were leaving the Walmart parking lot when the sun was just coming over the horizon and I mentioned that we should be there now, but .... I was just happy that she came with me.. One of the next weekends, I'll spend the night so I can get some good ealrly AM shots - I've seen the sun rise over the water there, and it's beautiful..

thanks...

#1 is quite boring for me...not really the best landscape...not appealing

#2 i like. its an intersting close up shot. good shot :)

#1 - Way too much plain blue sky. The horizon is off-level too.
#2 - not enough subject in focus.

Couldn't get the wife up that early ......... in fact, we were leaving the Walmart parking lot when the sun was just coming over the horizon and I mentioned that we should be there now, but .... I was just happy that she came with me.. One of the next weekends, I'll spend the night so I can get some good ealrly AM shots - I've seen the sun rise over the water there, and it's beautiful..

thanks...
Don't forget the other golden hour just before Sun set.

Most reactions

Back