2 from the park today C&C welcome

DanFinePhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dansfinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was a beautiful day here in Central Oregon went to a local park and a few places in town got tons of pics today. A couple of my favorites. Any feedback is always more than welcome.

girledit001.jpg

birdedit003.jpg

wb is off in first one...and her eyes are looking at an empty spot which is where I find my own eyes drifting...work on the composition a little more

duck's head is underexposed...perhaps clone out the extraneous fluff to the top-right of the duck...

Keep working on your composition...nothing else matters until you get that down pat...

Looking forward to seeing more photos from you...

There is more to just the wb being off in #1. The face seems pixelated or splotchy.
the image is also pretty noisy for something shot during the bright sun.

The duck is under exposed and the composition leaves some dead space on the left top of the frame. Dead space can help an image, but you need to be careful how much is put in and where.

There also seems to be quite a bit of dust...clean the sensor lately?

I think 1 is oversaturated which is why it looks splotchy or whathaveyou.

He just got the cam so I doubt it's dust.
It sensor cleans with every turn off.

Scratch that. Someone else just got their cam and I'm a d0rk and was thinking of the wrong person.

camera phone?

Are you calling misstwinklytoes a cameraphone? I would venture a guess that being called a "cameraphone" would be worse (if not stranger) than being called a dork...

Thanks guys, The camera is not new it's around 2 years old. I may check out something on how to clean the sensor or to have it done if needed. The dust on the duck photo is actually debris in the water (at least thats what it appeared to be to myself). Thanks for the comments ;)

Are you calling misstwinklytoes a cameraphone? I would venture a guess that being called a "cameraphone" would be worse (if not stranger) than being called a dork...

:lol:indeed

whats up with the first pic?...is that from some treatmoent done to it? it looks very odd.

:lol:indeed

whats up with the first pic?...is that from some treatmoent done to it? it looks very odd.

There was an overlay layer to increase contrast set to around 30-40% opacity, minor boost to saturation. Lens flare was placed in the general area the light was coming from which boosted colors and contrast a little more than expected. Then a minor unsharp mask after resizing.

just out of curiosity, if youre after a little more contrast, why not just add a contrast adjustment layer? what im seeing is strange green hue over the entire image and tons of rainbow noise.
jus' wonderin. :D

just out of curiosity, if youre after a little more contrast, why not just add a contrast adjustment layer? what im seeing is strange green hue over the entire image and tons of rainbow noise.
jus' wonderin. :D

Personally, contrast layers have never worked well for me. Could be due the the somewhat older version of Photoshop I am running (CS ver8.0 NO NOT CS8 :lmao:) Mine is from 2003. I do see the green hue you are talking about, almost makes me wonder if that wasnt from a little heavy saturation levels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back