2 from today

momoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
C&C please

webandberries.jpg

blackberries.jpg

great depth of field usage, now just work on the focus a bit.

first one i guess the web is the subject?

second one... i dunno... clump of berries in harsh light... not that interesting to me...

why are the photos so noisy?

i guess they are noisy because i am getting use to my new camera.

Is there a reason they were shot at Iso 1600? Looks like there is plenty of available light, especially given the harsh nature of the light in the second picture. The DOF looks pretty good in the first one. Your focus appears to be just a little bit off in both of them.

Read up on the basics of photography and how Aperture + Shutter + ISO all work together. There should be no real need to shoot at 1600 in dailight.

Read up on the standard composition rules, mainly the rules of thirds which is about not centering your subject to make a more pleasing image.

Each lens has a minimum focusing distance. If you are any closer than this distance, you will not be able to focus. This might be your issue.

Watch your backgrounds and other elements in the image. The dying leaves with holes in them aren't usually considered nice elements to have in your image. Think about what you are trying to shoot and then look at whats around it

The pictures aren't too interesting to be honest. The subject matter is a bit boring and they are out of focus.

I'm assuming that these are test shots to see what your camera/lens combo can do? In addition to the above comments, think about subject interest and framing. Yes, the ISO was too high - yes, the photos were out of focus, but beyond that choose something with photographic appeal. For the second photo, choose berries spaced closer together that look more lush - get rid of ugly elements like the dead leaves. Think about the background even if it is out of focus. The second photo shows tree and sky mixed, which is very distracting to the eye. Also, recompose to keep the berries from being clipped in the top and bottom of the frame. But most of all, keep getting out there and practicing.

Sorry for the horrible critique, but i find nothing amusing nor astounding in these two photographs. both seem either overprocessed or out of focus. but i do love the contrast between the subject and the bokeh.

Most reactions

Back