2 new portraits

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it's been a prolific 2 days. I'll spare you the thousands of shots I took, and show you two more than I picked out. I was really experimenting with light and shadow, and trying sillhouettes and things, and these two turned out well.

Thanks for looking.

legacy.jpg

breakout.jpg

Awesome shots and great poses. I really like the skin tone with your light set up in the #2. Was the light glare in #2 on the right of the frame intentional ?​

Thanks M@ko. Yes, the flare was intentional. I set that light behind her at about a 45 degree angle, so some of the light flared into the lens.

The more I look at these, the more I like them!

The second was is simply beautiful! No, not because it's more revealing, it's because of the lighting. Your choice of lighting, combined with the pose, makes this image so sexual, but of the highest class! This could easily be a magazine advert! Very well done. You should both be very proud.

Now, you need to post a couple that Marge took of you...cause those are great too ;)

Incredible! I love the detail on her skin in #2 - you can even see goose bumps!

Exquisite lighting matt :D What kind of light are you using in the second shot? Does it have barn doors or a snoot or what?
And what's off to the left for light?
Basically - what's yer setup?
i like the setup in the first shot - just a bit too bright on the face. I'm assuming you wanted it that way tho since you obviously seem to know what yer doin! ;)

Thanks Jon. I'm just using two tungsten shop lights, that I bought from Walmart. Basically just a bulb, with a cheap metal housing around it to reflect more light. I have them clamped onto two old tripods. I believe in that second shot I had one at a 45 degree angle to behind on the right, and one about 45 degrees to the front right to illuminate her face and clothing. The faint blue on the back is cast from the light which is behind to the right (causing the flair). Oh and, in the first shot, yeah, I was going for a "high key/low key" portrait :p

Thanks Rob :)

Matt more wonderful photos.. I agree with the lighting on the second one.. Both amazing shots though!

Those are some great pictures. I love the lighting, especially in #1.

Beautiful work!!! The light in the first frame shapes the subjects face really well. Not sure if 1/4th of her bod works in the second frame. Between us; I have a thing for Light on belly buttons. My thoughts are biased.

Most reactions

Back