2 night shots

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Besides the first one being tilted, is there anything that I can do to make these better? I will be taking out the 18-55 to redo the first one and try and get that curve in the road in the shot as well. Overall I'm quite happy with these but still feel something may be missing. Any advice or comments will be very welcome.

4291807247_1398a7b172_b.jpg

4291809315_eac60db37f.jpg

Shoot at ISO 100, and use a cable release.

Was shooting at ISO 200 (the lowest I can get my D70 to go) and definitely using the cable release. Do you see camera shake? It was kind of windy out there. Any other way to decrease some of the noise?

I'm certainly no expert, but there seems to be a lot of red tones in the first one, is there anything that can be done to add different colours. I think it would look good with some contrasting white light? perhaps the white balance? :/

The first one could use some noise reduction and sharpening. It's also leaning slightly to the right.

the second one would benefit from some highlight compression.

The first one could use some noise reduction and sharpening. It's also leaning slightly to the right.

the second one would benefit from some highlight compression.

"highlight compression?" Is this looking at the histogram in PS and adjusting that accordingly? My PS skills are lacking but I'm practicing. And just a sharpening mask I'm assuming?

I don't know how to do this in photoshop. I do it in my raw converter before converting the format to jpg. I am sure someone else will chime in and help. I don't sharpen or noise reduce in photoshop either. Sorry. Try searching for tutorials on youtube. They can be very helpful.

Was shooting at ISO 200 (the lowest I can get my D70 to go) and definitely using the cable release. Do you see camera shake? It was kind of windy out there. Any other way to decrease some of the noise?

Not shake, they just need a little more exposure. the D70 has an option for Long Exposure NR in the menus, but just keep in mind, the D70 can't really handle much past 10 minutes. Noise and Noise Reduction just gets too extreme at that point.

I shot this on my D70s years ago, and it's about 20 minutes, there's almost no detail anywhere in the picture the noise and noise reduction was so bad.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2280780393_2f1302e1b5_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back