2 pics C&C please

Aw3033

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was finally able to get enough time to go out and take pictures. I took a little over 100 pictures but only liked a hand full. Heres two that i really liked. Let me know what you think. thanks.

I see you have a lot of views but no comments so I thought I would start the ball rolling. The first is kind of boring. It lacks any real subject or idea (as far as I can tell). I like the colors in the second one. Maybe had you panned left you may have been able to capture even more of those colors. Was that a sunset? Also seems like you have some camera shake going on. What were your settings for these?

Thanks for the feedback man. Im new to the photography world so for the pictures i just used auto for now until i start getting the hang of things. But yes that was a sunset.

We all started somewhere. I know I started on Auto until I figured I wasn't learning anything. Then I started looking at what the camera was going to do on Auto and then switch over to Manual and input those same settings. After a while I then tried to guess what the Auto would tell me and see how close I was. Before I knew it I was shooting in just Manual and seeing significant improvement on my imgaes. Give it a go next time you're out. Look at the settings Auto would give you then switch over to Manual and shoot away. Tell yourself you'll never release the shutter unless you're in Manual. It'll make you understand what is happening inside your camera.

Thanks for the advice. Ill make sure to try it out next time.

What were your settings for these?

first shot:

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3000
Image Date: 2010:03:15 18:01:34
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

second shot:

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3000
Image Date: 2010:03:17 01:21:03
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
ISO equiv: 320
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

Those are cool Shots.Good attempt.I am a fan of natural photography.I want to share two more Pics from mu collection..

1231584487_406.jpg

00306_01.jpg

photography4.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back