2 portraits in alternative...

windrivermaiden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ariel-grad-albumen.jpg

This is my best albumen print to date. I wish I had the contrast problems worked out.
undecided.gif
Partly this is the paper I used. This one has way too much texture for albumen printing. But, I'm getting closer. Oh! for a dedicated darkroom space. It is nervewracking to try and keep silver-nitrate stains off stuff and also get emersed in the process. Time is also an issue. Somewhere I have to get another full 24 hours into each day
down.gif

arie-gradl-gel-lift-s.jpg

A pretty good gel-lift. I love how each one is just a mystery till the bitter end. Will it work or will it fail. I want to prep some paper with a tissue of hardened gelatine and try doing a lift on to that substraight....hummmm. Dang time issue!

I also made a set of negs for printing this one in gum dichromate. I can't wait to get cracking on that.

What is this gel-lift of which you speak? I'm curious, and I like the appearance of it.

Lovely stuff, Windy. I see what you mean about the texture in the paper for the first image - but it's really not bothering me much, I like it!

Your gel lift is gorgeous. This technique agrees with you. ;)

Most reactions

Back