2 Problems-Photo Bucket & e-mail

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tom beard, Jul 15, 2009.

1. tom beard

tom beard TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I wanted to post a photo on the sight, and found out I had to go through a third party. There are instructions for Photo Bucket so I signed up and uploaded about twenty frames. I got a funny feeling about all the advertisements but tried to post a frame. It confused me so I just signed up with Photo-Forum, as it's much easier. Since I've gotten a couple of grand worth schooling from the Forum anyway, It's a bargain. I took another look at Photo Bucket and I already had three emails and figured out that it is a Spam Scam, so I deleted everything and sent them an assertive email about deleting me. The next day I got a phone call trying to sell me an electric wheel chair! I told them to wheel it to where the sun don't shine, and have not been bothered since. The Question is, is it a Spam Scam or am I over reacting?

The second problem is with my email. I have Verizon. I went with them because I have my Internet and phone service with them. I tried to email a friend five pictures (jpeg) I shot of him and it says "the file is too big, and can't be sent". I called Verizon and they told me that I could only attach one photo per email. WHAT!? I had another email service some time ago, and don't remember having any problems. Is there any email service out there, preferably free (I'm saving for my new dslr), or at least cheap? It seems to me that people who use this forum often send a lot of frames in one email. Am I out of line? Any advice?

Thanks as usual, Tom Beard

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. enufced904

enufced904 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've never been spammed by photo bucket so I'm can't comment on that..

As for emails.. there's plenty out there that should allow you to attach multiple documents. I have accounts with gmail and yahoo and they work fine.

3. HeY iTs ScOTtY

HeY iTs ScOTtY TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i dont have any probs with photobucket either. they are suppose to be spam free. as far as email try gmail. as long as your not sending 35 meg tiffs it works fine.

4. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've never had any problem with photobucket. I have aol and they allow you to send 12 photos per email, I would imagine even more if I chose to send them as attachments.

5. Boutte

Boutte TPF Noob!

BelleChasse La. (About ten miles south of New Orle
    Photos OK to edit
    Same here. Been using PB for a while and have never had a problem.

6. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Photo Bucket and Photobucket aren't the same.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  7. tom beard

tom beard TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I may have stumbled onto the wrong website. I withdraw my rant about getting spamed. It probably came from something else I clicked on. You guys always steer me straight, not to mention running along side my train and throwing all the stuff that rattles off back on.
    Tom B