2 Questions; Can a DC wear out? & I need somerecommendation for photography equipment

Yeah, but with cheap digicams you can't get that shallow depth of field the film allows you to get. That's a major limitation

I don't know if it's possible technically for a digicam to wear out, but I definitely have noticed a decline in quality in mine. It's nearly 4 years old and I average about 500 shots per month, so that's about 20k shots. I've always taken care of it, have NEVER dropped it or damaged it, etc. But it definitely takes longer to focus, doesn't focus very well most of the time (i.e. I rarely get totally sharp, crisp images any more and I don't think it's me), the colors aren't as true as they once were and it is generally slower. I paid $800 for the thing and am ready to just stick it in the trash. I have an extended warranty and am going to send it in for service and see if that helps. The issues aren't things that I think someone who hadn't used it when it was new would notice, though. So I am not sure it can be fixed.

Can't help much on the equipment as I'm trying to figure out what I need to get into more "serious" photography myself, but I can say...no matter what your equipment is now...just keep practicing and taking pictures. You can always upgrade one day when the funds are there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back