2 questions.... HELP

Ms_jessica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
if i switch over a smaller lens from a bigger lens, does it effect my film???

also... whats a good UPGRADED slr you guys think you can refer to someone who is starting out. I have much older SLR's... Heres a pictures of what i use..

SLRs001.jpg

but yea.. i've been lookin into something more modern.. Problem is price, and i really dont know if as a beginner i need somethin so "high TECH" .. i've taken photo before, but i am still at that beginners level

When you change lenses of SLRs, your film is not affected. That is: should not be affected. If it is, there is some leak there of sorts that needs to be sorted. But SLRs are made so the inside of the camera is absolutely shut off to any light from outside, even when you change the lenses.

My SLR is the Canon EOS 500N, which I THINK is a bit more recent than your Canons here, but ... to tell you the truth, I really don't know ... :oops: All I know is that I got that SLR in 1998. It was then already established ... no longer the newest of the new. But not "old", either, that much is for sure.

I don't know for how much those would sell these days?

While lenses will NOT affect film quality, it WILL affect image quality however. Let me explain. If you are using a shorter lens than your zoom and it is prime, your shots will generally be sharper thanw hat you will get with your zoom. DOF will also be affected. Always buy and use the BEST glass that you can afford. Of course there are exceptions to this, like the 100mm Vivitar Macro which is a killer lens and costs next to nothing, but that is not so common

Learn your present gear thoroughly. Then, when you want to do something that your gear will not do, consider an addition or upgrade to something that will get the job done.

Consider the cost options. A good 'macro' lens is more expensive than a set of extension tubes or close-up lenses. All three do similar things.

Always remember that the photo industry can produce new and expensive gear faster than you can buy it.

Yeah, you can switch lenses mid roll of film, just as a precaution, don't do it direct sunlight.

As far as the camera, are you wanting to stay with film, or move into the digital area? If you are looking to upgrade say with autofocus then your talking about buying lenses and camera. Many different ways to go, and a wide spread in what it will cost you.

If sticking with film, you can get a very nice Canon Elan 7 deeply discounted because Canon is no longer making film cameras.

I would suggest that if photography is going to be an on going pursuit, you might want to start thinking about going digital.

yea.. i've thought of digital... its just i love working in the darkroom too... so maybe a film camera.. AND a digital someday... is NIKON brand any good?

also.. those of you who work with the digital SLR's... do u guys have any special ways you like to PRINT your work out? or do u just do it at the home of your very own printer? I'm not too sure with the digitals thats why

Most reactions

Back