2 random shots from the past few days.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by John_05, Aug 30, 2006.

1. John_05

John_05 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i havent had alot of time to go out, but i thought i would post a couple pics i took when i was out a few days ago when the weather was a little nicer.

this is a reflection of the State Office Building where i live. i would have liked it better if i could have gotten it so the shades werent showing through the glass, but i tried adjusting the polariser to get rid of them, and thats the best i could get.
    a quick question. is it possible to use 2 circular polarisers to lessen reflection more? i thought i lost one i bought, so i bought another and then found the first one, so i now have 2.
    [​IMG]

this is a shot of the top of the oldest church in this city. it was built back in 1804 if i remember right. i posted a different, darker shot of it in the "Dark Side Gallery", and thought if anyone there saw it, they might enjoy seeing it a lot clearer.
    [​IMG]

any comments/critique/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great looking shots! The blinds didn't seem to hurt the shot at all- nice effect in fact.

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I like the framing in the first shot, interesting idea!

4. John_05

John_05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks Abraxas and Alison.

i guess i have the answer to the question i forgot to post, and that was how i might crop the shots. i couldnt decide whether i liked the window frame in the shot in the first one, but the more i look at it, the more i like it. now if i can decide if i want to crop the 2nd one or not, i will finally have enough pics to take in for printing.

can anyone tell me if using 2 circular polarisers is a good idea or not? if it isnt, do they make different types? when i thought i lost my first one, i got a second and i wound up getting a more expensive one because it didnt seem like the first was strong enough, but i dont see a difference between the 2.