2 shots for C&C please, newbie here.

vivbao

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, these were taken in Hakodate, Japan. My tripod wasn't working (long story)...would really appreciate comments. Thanks!
(Taken with Canon 500D and kit lens 18-55mm IS)

Last edited:
Wow, I like these - from a noob perspective - #1 is lovely, but personally I would like to see a little more of this beautiful house, so perhaps positioning a little further back to get the shot would have been nice if it were possible.
#2 is nice, but I have a feeling that you will get some comments on the angle - I myself did a few shots just a few days ago and tried some creative angles - one of which was a little crazy like this... a little less tilt would have been really nice!

Or no tilt. o_O I don't think tilting the frame like that is really suited very well to architecture. It skews one's sense of gravity completely.

For the first, good perspective, but the trees are really distracting. I would burn them, or clone and heal them out altogether.

Thank you for the comments! Much appreciated. I will definitely try to cut out the trees for shot 1. Here's one more shot of the church in 1 a few hours earlier. I think I was too lazy in terms of moving around to get a better angle...

Most reactions

Back