$2 sto-fen diffusers, too good to be true?

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking for a diffuser the other day and stumbled upon
3 x Flash Bounce Diffuser for Stofen NIKON SB-600 SB600 on eBay.ca (item 360138859041 end time 08-Dec-09 23:23:05 EST)
on ebay... $7CAD for 3 sto-fen sb-600 diffusers... with $2 international shipping... from hong kong. thats almost like a find on DealExtreme (for those of you who know dealextreme). Althought DealExtreme is pretty legit... ebay is known for scammers. Is this deal too good to be true? Does anyone have experience buying from this user ("muchmall")?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Heck, for 7 bucks, that's a steal, and not a whole lot of risk..

J.:mrgreen:

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's real. I mean it won't be a real stofen but it'll do the same thing. Light modifiers like that are some of the lowest tech items out there, so you should be pretty safe. Why you would want three of them, I have no idea.

Don't forget to buy lens filters so you can use the green one:

The Green for Fluorescent Lighting in conjunction with an FLD or 30M filter on the Camera Lens.

The Gold for Warming Skin tones and for overall warming in flash filled available light shots.
:lol:

hahaha yeah :p iunno. $7 is still money right? i'm just super asian :]

Sto-fens feel cheap as it is, couldn't possible take more then a couple dollars to make so these seem on par with a low profit, mass quantity sale.

Have to be carefull with ebay. Those are not Sto-fens. Add says FOR Sto-Fens! They are knock-offs! They may or may not fit propperly or be as thick or thin as Sto-fens. They could be from same factory, and just might be same product? Who knows. But they are not Sto-fen branded products.

I was looking for a diffuser the other day and stumbled upon
3 x Flash Bounce Diffuser for Stofen NIKON SB-600 SB600 on eBay.ca (item 360138859041 end time 08-Dec-09 23:23:05 EST)
on ebay... $7CAD for 3 sto-fen sb-600 diffusers... with $2 international shipping... from hong kong. thats almost like a find on DealExtreme (for those of you who know dealextreme). Althought DealExtreme is pretty legit... ebay is known for scammers. Is this deal too good to be true? Does anyone have experience buying from this user ("muchmall")?

Curious to see if you got them yet and what you think. :popcorn:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is more to the point is OMG finally someone is offering a price which is actually more acceptable. Man at $2 per diffuser the profit must still be amazing!

I was about to click 'buy'... and then I realised I already have two and I don't use Nikon. :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back