2 suggestions...

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. How about an HDR category? There seems to be a calling for it in one of the threads, and it would keep people from continually asking "is that HDR?"

2. Can People and Pets be split? I hate it when I want to learn more people photography and I open up a file called "my little boys" only to discover it's someone's dogs. ;)

Thanks! :hail:

1. How about an HDR category? There seems to be a calling for it in one of the threads, and it would keep people from continually asking "is that HDR?"
Good point. Actually, the Graphics forum in the Digital section of TPF is supposed to be the place for special images like HDR. The description reads: A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including sharing information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software.

Do you think it would be helpful to have the word "Gallery" included in the Graphics forum? It might clarify that it is the intended place for such images. I'd be happy to do that if there is a consensus that it would help.

Thoughts?

2. Can People and Pets be split? I hate it when I want to learn more people photography and I open up a file called "my little boys" only to discover it's someone's dogs. ;-)

:lol: I do know what you mean! Well, as a forum that is intended for more "informal" type people shots, as well as casual shots of the pets and critters in our lives, I think what we really need is a better title! Suggestions would be welcome - got any ideas? This is something we've kicked around in the past, but nothing was ever decided.

I'd love to hear your ideas!

Hm. I missed this reply because I stopped looking after 5 days of no replies. :confused:

I definitely think the word "Gallery" would help. :)

I'll put on my thinking cap about the Pets and People title.

Thanks!

Marian

I definitely think the word "Gallery" would help.
You would think that but....:roll:

We tried putting 'Gallery' onto the 'Weddings and Portrait' forum...because we wanted it to be for photos...and 'Shop Talk' to be for discussions. However, I'm still having to move posts on a regular basis.

Who know?...I guess it couldn't hurt.

I think I'll try it, along the lines of how we have the Alternative forum including that word. Certain alt processes can be confusing to those not experienced in these techniques and hence, they were generally overlooked in the regular galleries. Having the Alt forum include "Gallery" seemed to help with that. I can see how something like HDR images can be in the same predicament.

Any other thoughts or suggestions, post them here while I play with the Graphics forum. :)

EDIT: Okay, let's see how that flies for now.

Not gonna work, people want to reach the biggest audience they can, that and the ambiguity of a "General Gallery" title, diverts work away from its correct gallery, whether its HDR, landscape whatever.
Cant have a seperate gallery for every imaginable subject, but it is kinda short on a few.
I'm mindfull that HDR can be used to produce photos suitable for any of the galleries, but thats subjective to a point.
I dont think images treated with so little HDR that you can hardly tell, deserve to be moved from their subject gallery simply because a little HDR was used.
But who decides how much is too much, if it were limited to a bit of tweaking akin to levels adjustment, it would be easy and this post wouldn't exist....but its not.
Whilst it continues to be accepted by the masses as a photograph, and posted in forums as such, regardless of the amount of the original photograph there is left in it, it won't be seen as a big enough departure to warrant its own gallery, so it'll still get posted in general.
Some peeps accept any amount of alteration as long as it started life as a photo.
Majority rule, like it or lump it, if they say this picture is still a photo, thats that.
Strangely, I dont feel the same about airbrushed superstars, mebbe its the same thing....dunno.

Most reactions

Back