2 takes on the same scene

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't decide which I like more, if either. I do find it interesting how just the post processing can make such a drastic difference in the feeling of the shot. The color version, I think, is much calmer with the soft light around sunrise, while the B&W is almost eerie or creepy.

Like one more than the other? Hate them both? Thoughts, feelings, suggestions, and C&C would be much appreciated.

751543106_DVg7a-L.jpg

748496635_Nng4x-L.jpg

I like the B/W one more. It shows the sediment in the water and trees better than the color version. It helps define the line between the land and the water more as well. It kind of gives it a murky feeling.

Good shot.

Another vote for the B&W.

i too vote B&W... if the colors in the sky had been a bit deeper or brighter color may have worked better, but... i think you get more out of the image with the conversion

That's what I was thinking and leaning towards as well. Thank you, guys. Any more comments still welcomed!

Huh. I would vote for the color one, though I'm not really sure why. The black and white version looks odd imo. Keep in mind I'm using a crt monitor which is getting a bit dark though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back