200 film.

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by Weaving Wax, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok, I have some 200 film in my fridge and I bought it thinking it'd be better for night time photography (I think I got it mixed up with like 800 or something) and a friend of mine said that 200 film would be used for something like indoors with a flash....is there any other place that this film could be used? I know there are no limits or whatever, but I have no flash. What would 200 film be used for other than that?

2. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    200 speed films are generally designed to be mid-speed daylight films. Of course, any film is suitable for night photography. Assuming you don't get reciprocity failure, you're probably talking night exposure times from 45 seconds to 2 minutes.

3. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!

4. myopia

myopia TPF Noob!

use it for whatever.

5. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    If you take the sunny 16 rule and carry it on out, then iso 200 film would be f16 @ 1/250 (1/200 really) in bright sunshine which would be great for a 200mm telephoto. Or if you're shooting late in the day or Very cloudy (4 stops) you're at f5.6 @ 1/60 which is still pretty good.

I wouldn't use it indoors with out a flash due to the color balance. Fugi film makes what they call a 4th color layer with their 400 and 800 (also their 160 speed film in 120) speed film which works great indoors and even pretty good under florescent lights. I shot a wedding once in some one's house with it and it worked out very well. I did use a flash, but there wasn't much color bleed from the tungsten lighting.

mike