2003 Tomahawk MotorCycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use the "TONE MAPPING" part of it to produce unrealistic photos that look like cartoons, and then try to intimate that they are "ART"!

This is a close minded statement..with no understanding that things change and evolve in life. Like I said tunnel vision. Art is in the eye of the beholder not one person and their opinion.

When the majority is trying to tell you something.. and you refuse to listen, that is just being bullheaded and stubborn.

If I listen to everything people said not to do I would have not grown as a person and not be where I am at today. I run a successful business and it was my stubborn-ness that got me here.

Telling the "majority" they are wrong (when many of them have much more experience than you do.. more education than you do, and a much wider experience with photography in general (since they don't limit themselves to one small aspect of it) is just ludicrous!

What??? I never said the majority are wrong I simply said it did not make it right? In photography and art this is never a right or wrong way its truly what the person is trying to express and or the person viewing sees. More educated, what do you know of my education? So I have typos, grammar was never my strong point but, it did not prevent me from graduating college at the top of my class! You have no clue to where I am at in my life. This is just talking out of your ass like you so much. You have limited yourself to cats and bugs.....whats the difference? Yeah you have some ok portraits in there but many of those need some work.

Totally disregarding input from others.. (and telling others to ignore that input also) is just rude...

Talk about rude,,who is the one that called my edit ass in another thread? That thread was about people giving that persons brackets a go so he could see different styles. Not only did you say my work was ass you posted two other rude comments about if someone was serious that they liked my processing. To top that off when someone posts something you do not like or agree with not necessarily HDR you act a fool. I have counted countless threads of you acting a fool when someone has simple question....You are one to talk and preach about being rude!

and shows a total disrespect for everyone that comments! There are those here who comment on HDR that know something about HDR.. they just happen to disagree with your "concept" of HDR, and so you "ignore" them.. or call them "haters"! Not a good way to grow and learn, IMO!

I ignore comments that I don't feel will help me grow. Thats the way it should be. Do you listen to everything everyone tells you? As old as you are you should know you can not make everyone happy so why try.

I will concede that done properly.. some photos can benefit from Tone Mapping.. and over-saturation! But not ALL.. not even most! Some of them are even art.. and good art! But I have seldom seen much here that qualifies.. but I have seen some!

And that is your opinion which I can respect. If you would learn to be more respectful when you post, you would not come off like a jerk and we would not be here at this point. You called me out a while back it was you who showed no respect for me, after that I will not put up with your BS. You should go back and read the post on how you have treated me in the past and see if you could not have done a better job and chose different words. I have helped so many folks with their photos and trying to understand HDR on this forum. I have personally taken time away from my work schedule to post up how to videos and threads. I have tried to be a positive speaker on behalf of HDR and stand up for those that get put down. Maybe I should back away and let them fight their own battles now.

You made a comment in Joel's thread a while back about "noobs" and there methods of HDR. Does that make you feel superior? You see I find that you say these things because you are lacking in a certain area of your life and it makes you feel better about yourself. You put people down to raise yourself up.

Last edited:
I think the1st one gives it that futuristic Sci-Fi illustration look. It's a futuristic machine and the plain photo just makes it look like a machine. I like it!

I don't use the "TONE MAPPING" part of it to produce unrealistic photos that look like cartoons, and then try to intimate that they are "ART"!

This is a close minded statement..with no understanding that things change and evolve in life. Like I said tunnel vision. Art is in the eye of the beholder not one person and their opinion.

There is a difference between being artfully un-realistic, and being ridiculous and cartoonish! And insisting that art is in the eye of the beholder doesn't make it art for anyone else... especially if the consensus is that is NOT ART!

When the majority is trying to tell you something.. and you refuse to listen, that is just being bullheaded and stubborn.

If I listen to everything people said not to do I would have not grown as a person and not be where I am at today. I run a successful business and it was my stubborn-ness that got me here.

Listening might have made you better... but we will never know, will we? We also have different ideas as to what constitutes a successful business! lol! ;)[/QUOTE]

What??? I never said the majority are wrong I simply said it did not make it right? In photography and art this is never a right or wrong way its truly what the person is trying to express and or the person viewing sees. More educated, what do you know of my education? So I have typos, grammar was never my strong point but, it did not prevent me from graduating college at the top of my class! You have no clue to where I am at in my life. This is just talking out of your ass like you so much. You have limited yourself to cats and bugs.....whats the difference? Yeah you have some ok portraits in there but many of those need some work.

I guess a college education no longer requires the basic communications skills like spelling, grammar, and the ability to listen! Maybe that is why the US has fallen behind some other countries in education!

I would be curious to know what school you graduated from.. I bet it was a trade school! Most real colleges and universities do require good communication, and the basic skills!

Cats and bugs? lol! No.. I shoot those because I enjoy them.. but I don't try to call them art either! I could shoot professionally again, but I actually turn down quite a bit of work.. because I don't really want to get back into that! That and I make more than enough money from what I do professionally... I don't need extra income! (I can't spend what I make... hardly any new toys to buy!) You probably won't ever get to that point with a T-shirt shop and / or HDR.... but who knows?

Talk about rude,,who is the one that called my edit ass in another thread? That thread was about people giving that persons brackets a go so he could see different styles. Not only did you say my work was ass you posted two other rude comments about if someone was serious that they liked my processing. To top that off when someone posts something you do not like or agree with not necessarily HDR you act a fool. I have counted countless threads of you acting a fool when someone has simple question....You are one to talk and preach about being rude!

I am rude to amateurs that call themselves PRO's .. and I am rude to those that continually post images that look like cartoons.. and call them art! You said ART is in the eye of the beholder.. so is CRAP! I just call it out loud! ;) It's all just an opinion, right?

and shows a total disrespect for everyone that comments! There are those here who comment on HDR that know something about HDR.. they just happen to disagree with your "concept" of HDR, and so you "ignore" them.. or call them "haters"! Not a good way to grow and learn, IMO!

I ignore comments that I don't feel will help me grow. Thats the way it should be. Do you listen to everything everyone tells you? As old as you are you should know you can not make everyone happy so why try.

Yes.. it is obvious!!!

I will concede that done properly.. some photos can benefit from Tone Mapping.. and over-saturation! But not ALL.. not even most! Some of them are even art.. and good art! But I have seldom seen much here that qualifies.. but I have seen some!

And that is your opinion which I can respect. If you would learn to be more respectful when you post, you would not come off like a jerk and we would not be here at this point. You called me out a while back it was you who showed no respect for me, after that I will not put up with your BS. You should go back and read the post on how you have treated me in the past and see if you could not have done a better job and chose different words. I have helped so many folks with their photos and trying to understand HDR on this forum. I have personally taken time away from my work schedule to post up how to videos and threads. I have tried to be a positive speaker on behalf of HDR and stand up for those that get put down. Maybe I should back away and let them fight their own battles now.

Nothing wrong with HDR.. nothing at all! But when it is tone-mapped to death... and you think that is GOOD, I would not consider you a good choice for an unbiased advocate!

You made a comment in Joel's thread a while back about "noobs" and there methods of HDR. Does that make you feel superior? You see I find that you say these things because you are lacking in a certain area of your life and it makes you feel better about yourself. You put people down to raise yourself up.

It is true.. many NOOBs (usually young adolescent males) do seem to go through a ridiculously tone-mapped HDR period... but most outgrow it! Some don't... and never grow, period!! ;)

An armchair psychiatrist too, huh? Maybe you should try doing that professionally! lol!

Hahaha... the only thing I am lacking is the ability to ignore moronic threads!

It is true.. many NOOBs (usually young adolescent males) do seem to go through a ridiculously tone-mapped HDR period... but most outgrow it! Some don't... and never grow, period!!

Reminds me of "selective coloring".... but fortunately its now considered lame by the kewl crowd
iconhammer.gif

It is true.. many NOOBs (usually young adolescent males) do seem to go through a ridiculously tone-mapped HDR period... but most outgrow it! Some don't... and never grow, period!!

Reminds me of "selective coloring".... but fortunately its now considered lame by the kewl crowd
iconhammer.gif

Yep.. very similar! lol!

cgipson1 - I guess the saying you can't teach OLD dogs new tricks is true! Thats the problem with old folks you can not stand for change anything that isn't in your little perfect bubble is to far out in left field for you to even comprehend.

I never called my self a pro and I have said time and time again I am not and do not make a living with photography. You can belittle my business choice because we all know thats what you are good at, however I pay the bills, I do not have a boss, I am happy with what I am doing and I make enough to buy what I want when I want without having to use credit cards, I coach my kids soccer all year round and I have time to enjoy my hobby and family to me that is successful.

Arm chair psychiatrist thats good and I think you need a real one, you keep putting me down from my processing , to my beliefs, even to attack my business which you know nothing about once again. Are you trying to win a pissing contest? Or figure out who's is bigger because the more you insult and type the more it is clear that you have some personal issues going on.

I will try your method as I have had enough of your BS,

I think there are some bugs needing your attention right now so you might want to bust out your pro equipment and put your pro skills to work and go lift some rocks up and take some pictures of those maggots that get you all hot and wet....make sure you put on that gay as hat in your self portrait to let everyone know that the pro is in the house...... or looking under rocks....

Its true with ( Elderly have been male pros) you turn into idiots and you forget because your age what it was like when you started out...but so fast to put people down..alzheimer's kicking in hugh...?

Like I said before I would love to be face to face and see if you still talked the talk you do now, because I would smack the **** out you!

Last edited:
I'm a musician first and foremost. I prefer an older style of rock n roll because to me it has more passion and it sounds better rhythmically. I don't critique newer bands because I have a biased opinion towards them. To me it just doesn't please my ears and I feel the way that I do it is better. Taking that into consideration if someone says "hey check out this band" and it doesn't fit my tastes I simply say "That's just not my style". If I'm not asked personally then I don't criticize it because nothing I have to say will benefit the person looking for opinions. I'm just not open to it. I can judge it on what I think other people will think but I can not myself find it acceptable. The same goes for photography. My eyes like a certain thing and I prefer certain looks. If I give my opinion of someones work that I myself would never apply to my own photos I have to think about it from an outside perspective and leave my bias at the door. It's that simple.

I'm a musician first and foremost. I prefer an older style of rock n roll because to me it has more passion and it sounds better rhythmically. I don't critique newer bands because I have a biased opinion towards them. To me it just doesn't please my ears and I feel the way that I do it is better. Taking that into consideration if someone says "hey check out this band" and it doesn't fit my tastes I simply say "That's just not my style". If I'm not asked personally then I don't criticize it because nothing I have to say will benefit the person looking for opinions. I'm just not open to it. I can judge it on what I think other people will think but I can not myself find it acceptable. The same goes for photography. My eyes like a certain thing and I prefer certain looks. If I give my opinion of someones work that I myself would never apply to my own photos I have to think about it from an outside perspective and leave my bias at the door. It's that simple.

And thats how it should be. You are being professional with the way you respond. Thats why I don't go into other parts of the forum and give my two cents as it would not be beneficial.
I wish more were like you.

because I would smack the **** out you!

Issac Asimov once wrote that "Violence is the last refuge of the Incompetent!" Nuff said!

I think I will just put you back on "IGNORE"... where you belong!

Ballistics

I think you should see you way out of this conversation. You have nothing to contribute.

This is a public discussion forum, if you want to have a private conversation with gibson about why only your opinion is relevant, PM him. Otherwise, your posts are no more valuable than mine.

because I would smack the **** out you!
Issac Asimov once wrote that "Violence is the last refuge of the Incompetent!" Nuff said!I think I will just put you back on "IGNORE"... where you belong!

Issac Asimov was probably a little B@$ like you and could not back up his mouth.

Oh no the ignore list what ever shall I do without your has been pro advice?

I would put you back under the rock you crawled out from....

Ballistics

I think you should see you way out of this conversation. You have nothing to contribute.

This is a public discussion forum

Yeah duh.....thats why this is being publicly viewed.....

Otherwise, your posts are no more valuable than mine.

Other than the fact that I actually know how to process HDR and you don't..I smell some brown nose-ing going on....

Last edited:
Here's my heavily-edited, and quickly done, version. It's just a draft of an alternative concept; please ignore the sloppy clone/removal of background items and the other technical issues.

$regular_bike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back