20D Serial Number

Islair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just noticed today that the serial number on the bottom of my 20D is all smudged out. I can read the last two numbers but that is it. I have all my info that came with the camera and have sent in my registration too. Does anyone else have this going on with their camera? And say I have a problem that needs fixing, am I going to have difficulties getting Canon to fix anything since the number is not legible?

Thanks for the help,
Islair

Amazon.com in December. I tend to be a little hard on my equipment though. In and out of the bag a lot.

any other sort of documentation with it that could have the serial on it?

Or maybe you could send it back to amazon, if the seriels smudge, i would saythat it is considered damaged, they should replace it i would have thought

I have the Rebel XT, and I noticed that a couple numbers of my serial number were rubbed off two weeks after I got it. I bet the serial number is also embedded inside the camera somewhere, or maybe in the firmware, and Canon would probably look at that. But I'm just guessing...

Julie

Actually I just took a look at Canon's support section on their website. It says it's not important that if it wears off because it's recorded as data inside the camera. Just make sure you have it written down somewhere because you'll need it if you call tech support. With mine, the number is also on the box that the camera came in.

Julie

yep, its recorded in the firmware. You can also program you name into the firmware. I entered my name followed by my phone number.

I have all the documentation that came with the camera. The serial number is on the warrenty card and a couple of other pieces of literature. It is just good to know that there is some info in the camera. That way if something goes wrong I dont get the shaft because they cant read the number on the body. Thanks for all of the help. :thumbup:

I'm not sure if canon does that. But on some high end cameras for example leica they put the serial number on the outside of the camera and on the inside. Its possible since that is a fairly highend camera they might have the SN internally also.

Just a thought.

On my 10D it's in the exif information, look in zoombrowser, right click on a picture and choose properties, it's the last entry - Camera Body No.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back