20d vs. 30d

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will soon be upgrading my body to either of these 2 bodies. I am wondering if the 30d is worth the extra $250 over the 20d... The main differences that I can see are: The 30d has a bigger buffer, and also a bigger LCD screen. Can someone enlighten me on this subject. Thanks.

I believe that it has a spot metering option and film effect modes. But other than that and the afore mentioned LCD, I see no reason why there should be such a price difference.

I've got a 20D and it cost a fraction of the price of the 30D and it's great. My friend has the 400D and he occasionally uses my camera, and he loves the handling on it. The 20D is the best camera I've ever used. I love it. I recommend you try to find a used 20D.

I shoot with 20D's and a 5D which I think has the same LCD as the 30D. The bigger LCD is worth an extra couple hundred in my opinion. It seems huge compared to the 20D LCD. I really like it. It's got to be at least twice as big, and I can see twice as much.

It's also a lot easier when trying to show people photos on the back of the camera, which I find to be helpful when dealing with squirrelly kids and self conscious adults. If I can show them a photo here and there, they get more involved, cooperative, and relaxed in front of the camera. With the 20D not only is the image smaller, but it's impossible to see without the viewer being directly behind the camera. The bigger, newer LCD can be clearly seen from an angle, which means I can show several people at the same time without them all having to hold my camera.

I use an Epson -2000 to show any images I want to show..... 3.8" screen :)

20D is a great camera. I'd like spot metering but not essential to me as I can also use my light meter.

Also, I believe Canon addressed the issue with shutter noise in the 30D. The 20D shutter click is LOUD! Door slamming loud compared to the 30D.

Most reactions

Back