21 Signs You’re a Cocky Photographer

Just returned from a remote region with no communications and in reading the article I did laugh at some points. It does have me thinking though about where I might have stored my scarves.

Just returned from a remote region with no communications and in reading the article I did laugh at some points. It does have me thinking though about where I might have stored my scarves.

Haha, it got me thinking a little too. Maybe I can get cocky when shooting and I'm not even knowing it. Oh well.

Sorry, no time to read this now, have to iron my flak jacket for my upcoming backpacking trip to a remote village where they have never seen fire.

#9 snags a few people here on the forum.....:biggrin-93:
#9. Having your bio picture where you are posing with your camera in action shot or non-action, still cocky.

#9. Having your bio picture where you are posing with your camera in action shot or non-action, still cocky.

I use to take selfies with me posing with my camera but I don't do that anymore. I suppose it's just a phase but I don't hold it against anyone who wants one for a profile picture. I understand it and in my opinion doesn't make them cocky. Unless it's a $40k Hassleblad, then they're just showing off. "Hey look at me, I have a Hassleblad, I'm better than you!". - Not saying Hassleblad shooters are saying that.

I use to take selfies with me posing with my camera but I don't do that anymore. I suppose it's just a phase but I don't hold it against anyone who wants one for a profile picture. I understand it and in my opinion doesn't make them cocky. Unless it's a $40k Hassleblad, then they're just showing off. "Hey look at me, I have a Hassleblad, I'm better than you!". - Not saying Hassleblad shooters are saying that.
Please never get interrogated by the police. They love the ones that confess to things they haven't been asked about. It makes the months statistics for case clearance look really good. :lol:

Please never get interrogated by the police. They love the ones that confess to things they haven't been asked about. It makes the months statistics for case clearance look really good. :lol:

Whatever. I'm not going to bother you ever again. I know you don't like me and that's fine. I know I'm not as smart as you but you don't have to make other people feel stupid. You are basically the definition of a troll. I'm tired of the crap from you.

Whatever. I'm not going to bother you ever again. I know you don't like me and that's fine. I know I'm not as smart as you but you don't have to make other people feel stupid. You are basically the definition of a troll. I'm tired of the crap from you.
I'm just waiting for Derrel to either drop in and comment on this one or change his long standing Avitar. :biggrin-new: I found the whole article to be quite funny.

I do #5 but that's to encourage the client that he or she is nailing it. I also use gaffer tape so i dont trigger the pop up flash accidentally

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do #5 but that's to encourage the client that he or she is nailing it.
You are a cheeky one aren't you?:biggrin-new:
I also use gaffer tape so i dont trigger the pop up flash accidentally

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gorilla Glue would solve that problem with out looking so Cocky. Of course you would never be able to use the pop up flash again. :lol:

I have to admit I have used the word Golden Hour on more than one occasion. :blush:

Folks, things haven't changed a bit since the film era, especially in the 60's and 70's.

Then -
  • The real badge of a hot shot photographer, was having several aluminum film cans taped to your neck strap.
  • Also, having two or three Nikon/Nikormat SLR's, along with a Leica M3 around your neck, banging against each other.
  • Insuring that your black Nikon F Photomic had sufficient rub marks, so the brassing showed.
  • Wearing a converted army field jacket as a photo jacket. (Yes, they do work, and I still wear one when it's colder.)
  • Wearing a Viet Nam era jungle hat, with film canisters in the hat band loops.
  • Wearing a pair of American Optical or Ray Ban aviation sunglasses with badly scratched frames and lenses (Don't worry that you can't see anything after 4:00PM)
  • Insuring that your lenses had the requisite nicks (especially filter rings).
  • Having a Weston Master III light meter lanyard looped through your epaulets.
  • Insuring that everyone knew that your Tri-X was exposed at 1200-1600 because you didn't have nearly enough light in the jungle (back alley, housing project hallway, etc.).

See Dennis Hopper in "Apocalypse Now", for the perfect image.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back