21st Birthday Coming Up -- Thinking About Getting a New Lens... or Camera (Canon)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Tee_bird, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Tee_bird

Tee_bird TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello, everyone.

My birthday is the end of this month, and I think I want to add another lens to my collection. The price I would like to be around ~$300, but I might make exceptions. So far I have...

18-55mm stock lens (Came with Canon EOS 350D)
    70-200mm f/4.0 L
    100mm f/2.8 macro (probably the one I use the most).

I'm thinking I want a lens to replace the one that came with my camera, but I'm not entirely sure. The 50mm f/1.4 has also caught my eye!

Aside from a lens, I'd also like a camera upgrade. I've been eying the 30D since it's relatively affordable now, but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade that would be. I'm really concerned about how my 350D handles at high ISOs (above 400), and I'm not really sure how much better the 30D handles.

Sorry for the long-ish post, and I don't expect you all to OMG MAKE UP MY MIND LOL. Just some ideas with your experiences so I can come to a conclusion. Thanks!

2. boogschd

boogschd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    id get the 50mm f/1.4 if it were me

then again i wouldnt know anything about the 350d so idk if its time for a camera upgrade :D

goodluck

3. Tee_bird

Tee_bird TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was leaning toward that one. It seems it would also do well in low light conditions.