24-70 f/2.8 or set of primes?

Here is what I would suggest. Rather then just trying to acquire lenses to 'fill the bag' you should find out what sort of pictures you aspire to take, and see what type of lenses are necessary for that purpose. For example, if you wanted to get into astrophotography, then it wouldn't make sense to get a 24-70mm f/2.8 over a fast prime lens. On the other hand, if you were interested in getting paid gigs to photography events, then the 24-70 would be the choice. If you decided you wanted to get really creamy bokeh shots with thin DOF, then you would want a fast prime lens, 50-100 mm range.

Get my point?

I guess I just gotta figure out what I really need instead of filling the bag right now. But I decided on getting the 16-35 VR first and then I'll go from there.

If you buy to your needs your bag will be as full as it needs to be.

Fill Away
brach-s-cinnamon-hard-candy-discs-6-83lb-13.gif

Carrots won't last long inside of a camera bag. Don't ask me how I know that.

if you can carry the weight of the lens then you should go for 24-70 f2.8. its super convenient and you will be seeing yourself using various range quiet often.
but if you are like me who travels with wife/girlfriend and many other "imp" bags or like to use the camera for daily pics, i would suggest get a 35mm prime. because the zoom will be too heavy and plus looks awkward when used for daily dinner party etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back